🧠 Project Board Template: City Trip Planning (Tourism)

Anna Ksiezarczyk
Anna Ksiezarczyk MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 8 Account Manager
edited November 2023 in Get Inspired

Hey!

MeisterTask is made for the workplace, but it can also be used for planning your next city trip: I used MeisterTask to plan everything for my trip to Krakow including cultural places to visit, restaurants, cafes and shops to go to, and local snacks to try 😍. 

Structure

I organized the sections in my project board into 3 key groups: Ideation, planned activities, my daily calendar.

💡Ideation

The first group contains only one section: Ideas. Here, I simply brainstormed interesting ideas for places to visit. In the task description, I added details such as opening hours, any special upcoming events, addresses and menu recommendations to keep all the information I needed in the right place. I also attached photos to some ideas to help me remember which place is which.

đŸ’Ș Planned Activities

In this group, I committed to the ideas I actually wanted to try and incorporate into my trip. The group is composed of a section for food, one for shopping and one for snacks. I moved any idea I was very certain of to the correct section: Food, Shops or Snacks.

đŸ—“ïž Daily Calendar

Each day of my trip was represented by a section in this third group. For the first day, I added a task with all my flight details, a task including information about transport to the center/ my hotel, and a task for my hotel and check in time. Other days have tasks for the food, shopping and snacks I wanted to try that day.

Details

I tried to organize my days logically - Nobody wants to be running back and forth on holiday so I chose restaurants or cafes I knew were near to another point of interest📍. Once I'd tried or visited something, I completed the task - In an ideal world, I would also have added some thoughts about my experience, e.g. did I like it? What did I eat? Would I recommend it to others? I moved anything I didn't manage to get around to but really like the idea of to the final section called Next Time ✈.

Tags

I used LOADS of different tags to help me find information quickly in my board. I included tags for:

• Meal types: breakfast, lunch, dinner.
  • Location types: restaurants (foooooood) or shops
  • Food types: drinks, coffee, snacks
  • Next Time: for places I still want to visit
  • Haris?!: to mark the locations where I know my boyfriend most likely won’t find anything to eat and therefore might be unhappy 😅

Explore this Board

If you'd like to explore this board yourself, please just comment below and I'll share it with you.

I'd love to hear what you think - Let me know in the comments!

Have a great day,

Anna

Comments

• Admin BSF.company
    Admin BSF.company International Partner, MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 487 Community Leader

Wow, I never thought of MeisterTask in this way.

I like how you categorized activities and days. This is such a great way of planning while staying flexible for changes during the trip @Anna Ksiezarczyk.

Thanks for sharing this template. I'll surely give it a try on my next vacation travel.

Best regards.

Follow me on LinkedIn and:

BSF.company - Digital Solutions For Your Business.

Technopreneuring.Com - Optimize Resources. Maximize Results.

GestionOperativa.Com - Optimiza Recursos. Maximiza Resultados.

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 1,359 Community Leader

Hi @Anna Ksiezarczyk ï»żđŸ‘‹đŸ™‚

I'm absolutely impressed by this board...and of course, I'd love to explore it myself too 😎

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister fĂŒhre ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops fĂŒr die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

• MiĆĄa Hennin
    MiĆĄa Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,307 Community Admin

Hey @Jörg Koper - Thanks for your feedback!

I've taken ownership of Anna's board so that I can share it with the Community more easily. I've just invited you to it 😊.

Best,

MiĆĄa

• Joerg Koper
    edited February 2023

Hi @MiĆĄa ï»żand @Anna Ksiezarczyk 👋😉

The project is very inspiring. Especially for our trips to Scotland with all the places we want to visit and the activities, we didn't manage in the last given time. I do also like the division into activities and schedules. That's very clever 😊

I think, this board is even a perfect template for business trips and the business event planning in foreign countries.

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister fĂŒhre ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops fĂŒr die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

• Samuel SchlĂ€pfer
    Samuel SchlÀpfer MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 595 Community Leader

Hi @Anna Ksiezarczyk

what a cool board. I like the way you organized the trip in the column! Would love to have the template. Could use it really good for my next trip to Hawaii! đŸ€™

Best, Samuel

The impossible does not exist! The solution has just not been found yet!

• MiĆĄa Hennin
    MiĆĄa Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,307 Community Admin

@Jörg Koper - I'll have to message you about Scotland! My dad and I are thinking about driving up through a few places all the way to Orkney 😃.

Wow @Rooster McNugget I'm jealous! If you do use a board like this it'd be great to see a screenshot in this thread here 😍.

Best,

• Joerg Koper

@Miơa 😍

What a cool idea. You'll love it. Barbara and I want to visit the Orkneys too, next time we're in Scotland. For what month is the trip planned? Don't forget to think about preparing for midges 😉

@Rooster McNugget

Aloha mate 😎😉

When do you plan to visit Hawaii? Must be wonderful there.

Best, Jörg

• Samuel SchlĂ€pfer
    Samuel SchlÀpfer MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 595 Community Leader

@MiĆĄa if I will make a board I share it.

@Jörg Koper, if it works as I would like it will be in June or July. I've never been there before but I hope it's as nice as it is on the pictures. đŸ€—

Best, Samuel

The impossible does not exist! The solution has just not been found yet!

• Joerg Koper
    edited February 2023

@Rooster McNugget

Would be great if it works. You'll have to post some pictures then for us 😎

Fingers crossed Samuel đŸ€ž

• Olaf Roeb
    Olaf Roeb EN Basic, MT Tester Posts: 121 Star Contributor
    edited February 2023

💕love it @Anna Ksiezarczyk,

so many great ideas to help plan and make more of the short time on active vacation.

You are certainly right, MeisterTask may have originally been designed for business purposes, but you are showing exactly why there is a huge potential in private projects.

• First of all, tool and general methodology knowledge👹‍🎓 have been distributed so widely in the last ten or twenty years. Meanwhile, every apprentice in every craft needs to learn about project management and tools in his second year.
    • Then if you can make your business project benefit from the methodical use of boards, then why not also private projects like wedding planning or traveling? Time and deadlines for traveling endeavors might be even more limited and restricted âłïž than in business projects. Money as well.
    • Third, look at tags like foooooood (hope the number of o's is correct😅), I would have certainly emphasized the very same tag because I love to eat local specialties👹‍🍳 and try new restaurants: Project planning can be made very personal, very emotional, very funny, just by choice of tags, colors, emo's and most of all, the choice of the content itself.😍
    • Last not least, a lessons-learned section like your "next time" means if you really do plan to undertake another trip to the same region at some point you have half the work already done.

Thank you so much for sharing the board-idea, Anna, please @MiĆĄa include me on the invitee list.

Best Olaf

• Anna Ksiezarczyk

Thank you all for the positive feedback! ♄ I am very happy that you liked the idea of using MeisterTask for your personal and of course business travel planning! Enjoy using this template and I look forward to seeing your projects đŸ€© Make sure to include some photos as well 📾

• MiĆĄa Hennin

@Jörg Koper Compared to Anna I'm more of a last-minute trip planner 😀 - I'll probably just end up going one free weekend. And I'll try to avoid midgey season. I didn't know this was such a thing - Thanks for passing on the info.

@Rooster McNugget Goodluck making Hawaii a reality! I'm jealous 😉.

@Olaf Roeb Thanks for your feedback. You've read my mind 😅... We have a wedding board incoming.

I absolutely agree - On the one hand, this board is incredibly personal. However, on the other hand, if I go to Krakow I think I might take inspiration from here. I trust Anna's expertise as a globetrotter so I'd be happy to follow her suggestions pretty much blindly.

And yes, using the Next Time column would save you a load of research for next time you visit a place!

I've shared the board with you 😀.

Best,

MiĆĄa

• Joerg Koper

This little beasts can be very annoying...and they do even not stop outside the car, because they're able to come in through the ventilation system 😋

A little trick is to collect some of the sheep wool laying on field trails and to put it outside on the ventilation grid. That'll stop them đŸ’Ș😎

Best, Jörg

• MiĆĄa Hennin

We will have to create a mind map of "Jörg's Travel Tips" 😁 - Thank you!

• Joerg Koper

• cschramm
    cschramm EN Basic Posts: 1 Beginner

Great idea! I would love to try this for my trip to Portugal.

• MiĆĄa Hennin

Hey @cschramm,

Glad you like it. If you try it out be sure to let us know how it goes!

Best,

MiĆĄa

• Andrew Lapidus
    Andrew Lapidus Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,007 Community Admin

Somehow I missed this thread - love it, @Anna Ksiezarczyk! The combination of a daily planner (schedule) and activity list within the same board is a very cool idea! And lol at the food and boyfriend tags 😂 Be sure to tell us about how the trip went!

• Douglas Boyce
    Douglas Boyce MT Tester, EN Pro Posts: 20 Star Contributor

I love what you did @Anna Ksiezarczyk and would love to add it as one of my templates for my next trip.

• MiĆĄa Hennin

Let us know how it goes @Douglas Boyce!

• Charles Schramm
    Charles Schramm EN Basic Posts: 1 Beginner

Hi @misa,

I am new here. I don't know how to get the file to import the template. Could you help me on that?

Thanks

• MiĆĄa Hennin

Hi @Charles Schramm and welcome!

I'm happy to help 😀.

I have just invited you to the project in MeisterTask so you should be able to explore it there.

Alternatively, I've linked the json file below. To import this, first click the file attached to download it to your own device.

Then:

1. Open MeisterTask.
    2. Go to Projects in the left sidebar and click Import.
    3. Select MeisterTask from the different import options.
    4. Click Choose json file and select the file I shared.
    5. Click Continue.

Let me know if you need any more help!

Best,

MiĆĄa

• Chris Cunliffe
    Chris Cunliffe MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 65 Star Contributor

Hey Anna, What a great idea. It takes the stress out of working out what to do and when so you can just get on with enjoying your break and making the most of your time there.

Will definitely use this on my next trip.

Chris

• Anna Ksiezarczyk

OMG you are all kinds of amazing! 💕 I am blown away by the amount of positive feedback I have received on this project đŸ˜± Thank you all so much for taking the time to share your thoughts and ideas. I can't wait to see all of your project boards and travel plans! đŸ€©

If you actually use the template on one of your trips, don't forget to let me know if everything went according to plan and if the suggested format really helped with the overall organization đŸ€“

And if you have any ideas 💡 on how we can make this template even better, I am all ears! Let's keep pushing the boundaries and creating amazing things together ✹

• MiĆĄa Hennin

@Chris C Be sure to let us know how it goes! Thanks for your feedback 😀.

• Chris Cunliffe

Hi Misa,

Currently using it to plan a weekend away with my wife. I'll be sure to let you know when we're back.

Chris

• MiĆĄa Hennin

Hope you have an amazing break @Chris C ! And looking forward to hearing how it went 😃.

• TinaD
    TinaD EN Basic Posts: 1 New Here

can you please share?? Im planning a multi city trip starting in Seattle and this looks really good - can you share?

• Chris Cunliffe

Hi Misa,

The trip went really well and the board was REALLY useful as we changed our ideas several times and reordered what we were doing whenever the weather forecast "changed" 
 obviously that never happens in the UK 😂
    I even applied tags for distance/direction from our hotel so at a glance we could find other villages, places of interest or PUBS to visit on the way back.

The ideas column was a great addition as we identified several places we would like to visit so already planning our next trip!!

Thanks again for the inspiration, it is an AWESOME idea.

Chris

• MiĆĄa Hennin
    edited June 2023

Hi @TinaD,

Sounds exciting! I'll loop @Zsuzsanna Kensell in here - She works in our Seattle office and might have some tips 😁. @Andrew Lapidus is from the Pacific Northwest and might also have an idea or two!

I've just invited you to the project - you should get an email.

Alternatively, check out this comment for info on how to import the project to your own account:

Best,

MiĆĄa