How to improve the alignment of topics?

Options
Corapuna
Corapuna EN Basic Posts: 2 Beginner
edited March 2023 in Ask the Community

have a symmetrical map with 4 or 5 main topics. For those on the left I would like some control over how the child topics are laid out. This could be all to the right of the main topic or in a wheel round the main topic. Is it possible to gain some control over where a child topic sits without having to go fully manual which leads to overlaps. The example shows the layout I am trying to get away from and the one below the style I am looking for.

With the default settings and if several child topics of child topics are created I am forced to read right to left which feels a little unnatural.

Many thanks

Best Answer

• Admin BSF.company
    Admin BSF.company International Partner, MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 487 Community Leader
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Corapuna welcome to the community!

Have you tried disabling the automatic alignment on the topics you want to arrange?

Check this out:

I hope this helps!

Best regards.

Andrés D'Andrea

Follow me on LinkedIn and:

BSF.company - Digital Solutions For Your Business.

Technopreneuring.Com - Optimize Resources. Maximize Results.

GestionOperativa.Com - Optimiza Recursos. Maximiza Resultados.

Answers

• Corapuna
    Corapuna EN Basic Posts: 2 Beginner
    Options

Hi Andrés, thank you. That is not a bad solution. I am going to play with that. The issue I anticipate is that my maps are quite big and many branched so I would need to know what they looked like befoe starting.

I would be losing most of the auto align functionality of MindMeister which is so useful. If there was a command ‘align left’ or ‘spoke alignment’ or ‘align right’ that would really help me - I guess this is more of a development request?

This said the existing features of MindMeister are very good - I an pleased and impressed so far🙂