Embedding audio such as Soundcloud or other Podcast contents into MindMeister

philippe boukobza
philippe boukobza EN Basic, International Partner Posts: 18 Star Contributor

It would be great to be able to embed audio content, as it is actually possible with Youtube, in MindMeister! Very helpful for extracting information from interviews, lessons and so on.

?Visual Thinking Facilitator

Paris-Madrid

https://linktr.ee/philippeboukobza

Tagged:
9 votes

Open for voting · Last Updated

Comments

• Andrew Lapidus
    Andrew Lapidus Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,007 Community Admin

I really love this suggestion, @Philippe Boukobza ! It works excellently with the workflow you outlined in this post. +1!

• philippe boukobza

Thank you @Andrew Lapidus !

Paris-Madrid

• Emily
    Emily EN Pro Posts: 132 Star Contributor

@Philippe Boukobza Brilliant idea. I'm a teacher and embedding an audio file like a podcast would be amazing for educational use cases. I love outlining homework tasks using MindMeister, and directly attaching a podcast to the mind maps I share with my students would support them in developing their answers. Thanks for suggesting this!

• Oliver Wich
    Oliver Wich DACH Partner, MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 80 Star Contributor

I do add audio Files as an attachement in the center and build my map while listening :)

Tell me what you think :)

Uspkilling Enthusiast. Empowering a new Generation of Legal Experts.

• philippe boukobza

Hi Oliver! Thank your very much for this very useful Hack.

Can you build your mind map while listening?

I uploaded a mp3 file in the center of a mindmap but when I listened to it, I was unable to see the branches and to build the mind map in the same time.

Paris-Madrid

• Andrew Lapidus
    Andrew Lapidus Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,007 Community Admin
    edited September 2022

Love this, @Oliver Wich! I hadn't actually considered just adding the audio file as an attachment for listening, it's a pretty good workaround! I do have to either download the file or open the same mind map in a new tab to keep editing in real time, but these both worked.

Still a fan of the idea of enabling embedding soundcloud/other audio formats directly into the mind map - would make things a bit smoother, especially for podcasts. I feel like we're really in the renaissance age of audio content these days, so it'd be great to integrate this with MindMeister.

• philippe boukobza
    edited September 2022

Very useful comment @Andrew Lapidus ! Thanks to it, I was able to edit the map while listening the attached audio, opening the same map in a new tab.

Paris-Madrid

• Oliver Wich
    Oliver Wich DACH Partner, MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 80 Star Contributor

Yes you are right... listening and editing isn't possible at the same time.

Maybe something to implement🤩

Uspkilling Enthusiast. Empowering a new Generation of Legal Experts.

• Olaf Roeb
    Olaf Roeb EN Basic, MT Tester Posts: 121 Star Contributor
    edited October 2022

Great, excellent, and very far-reaching suggestion, @Oliver Wich ; thank you so much. As I (yesterday's newbie here, happy to meet you all)am going to specialize in language-learning support tools for my clients, that would not merely be another feature. But open and provide a whole range of beautiful spelling and intonation learning maps. AND open up the human audio sense in general for assimilating content in the native language as well. The same goes for MeisterNote notes, of course. Add an auto-repeat, google-translate, and(greedy now😌) text-to-speech function, and a whole new market with tons of pre-existing content in wikis, word/vocabulary lists, lyric libraries, and many, many others is waiting. In MeisterNote I already saw a data type of Spotify files that might or not help a potential implementation.