💡Request: Update to MeisterTask's GitHub Integration

Furkan Tokmak
Furkan Tokmak EN Basic Posts: 12 Beginner
edited March 2023 in Ask the Community

Hello everyone,

We have recently incorporated GitHub integrations into our workflow, but I have encountered two problems which I think could be improved:

1. Whenever we use the '#' symbol in a commit, it automatically completes a task. However, sometimes the commit is not the final one. We would like an option to prevent the integration from always completing the task when we use the # symbol.
  2. Whenever I create a new branch and publish it, the task commit messages seem to be duplicated. I would like a way to prevent this from happening.

Thank you,
Furkan.

1 votes

Open for voting · Last Updated

Comments

• Andrew Lapidus
    Andrew Lapidus Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,007 Community Admin

Hi @Furkan Tokmak - thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

Our dev team makes extensive use of the GitHub integration, so I've reached out internally to get some additional expertise — more info to follow!

Best,

Andrew

• Furkan Tokmak

Hi @Andrew Lapidus thanks. I am looking forward to it. :)

• Andrew Lapidus

Hi @Furkan Tokmak - I reached out to Hans, our Staff Engineer for MeisterTask, who let me know that both of these examples are in fact expected behaviors. It would be possible to change these features in the integration, but this would essentially be a feature request and would need to go through product.

Sorry to dissapoint, but happy to answer any followups!

Best,

Andrew

• Furkan Tokmak

Hi @Andrew Lapidus ,

Thanks for getting back to me about the issues with the GitHub integrations. I appreciate your response and for letting me know that changing these features would require a feature request through the product team.

However, due to the difficulties our team has been experiencing with the integrations, we have decided to stop using them until these issues have been resolved.

With that said, I would like submit a feature request for the necessary changes to be made. Your assistance in this matter is greatly appreciated.

• Andrew Lapidus

Hi Furkan, I've just converted your post into an upvotable feature request visible to our product team. It could help this feature get traction if your colleagues upvote it as well! I'll keep this thread updated with any changes.

Best,

Andrew