[Known Bug] Editing Task Descriptions on iOS

Dave Nimick
Dave Nimick EN Basic Posts: 4 Beginner
edited March 2023 in Ask the Community

I use MeisterTask daily and love it. The one challenge I've found is for something I use every day - within the Notes (description) field of Tasks. I use these more than anything else, and every time I go into the Notes field, the cursor defaults to the very bottom of the field, forcing me to slowly crawl up the note (which is often quite long) to make any changes or additions, also timing out after a few seconds causing me to keep trying. Are there any solutions to this, or known bugs being worked on?

Best Answer

• Andrew Lapidus
    Andrew Lapidus Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,007 Community Admin
    Answer ✓

Hi Dave — I was able to confirm with our mobile dev team that this is indeed unintended behavior occuring on certain iOS devices (read: bug 🪲) - it's on their list to fix and will be triaged! Sorry again the headache here — I'll keep this thread updated with more updates as they happen.

Best,

Andrew

Answers

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 1,359 Community Leader

Hi @Dave Nimick and welcome to the community 👋🙂

I have tried out to reproduce this behaviour on an iPad and I can confirm here as well.

I'm sure to get some further information from the Meister Team soon.

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

• Dave Nimick

Thanks! Please keep me updated!

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 1,359 Community Leader

It's getting proofed by the team @Dave Nimick 👍️

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

• Andrew Lapidus
    Andrew Lapidus Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,007 Community Admin

Hi everyone! Just had a quick conversation with @Joerg Koper who helped me to reproduce this issue — thanks so much for flagging this! 🙌 🙌

This is almost certainly a bug — I'll reach out to our dev team to get this fixed ASAP!

Best,

Andrew

• Dave Nimick

Thanks!

• Dave Nimick

Hi - just checking to see if there are any updates on this, thanks!