How I can use the new version of MindMeister on my mobile phone or I pad ?

jfa
jfa EN Basic Posts: 2 Beginner
edited December 2022 in Ask the Community

I always have a message which specifies that I have to switch on the new version but I can’t modify anything on the new one because I have only reader rights.

Thank you for your rights !

Best Answer

Answers

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 1,359 Community Leader

Hi @jfa and welcome to the community 👋🙂

The development team is currently working on the smartphone app so that you can also make changes in the new editor in it. On the iPad, however, editing the maps works perfectly. I have just tested it out on my iPad.

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

• jfa
    jfa EN Basic Posts: 2 Beginner

Thank you Jorg for your prompt reply.

looking forward to using it on mobile :)

however it doesn’t work on my I pad as you can see. I can read only without any changes possible.

And when I switch to the old editor, all the items are messy, as below

Thank you for your help !

• drtemo
    drtemo EN Basic Posts: 7 Beginner

I’m having the same experience. For a paid iOS app, it’s pretty nonfunctional.

• Andrew Lapidus
    Andrew Lapidus Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,007 Community Admin

Hi @drtemo and @jfa - it's true that mobile editing still uses the "old editor" (the new mobile editor is scheduled for release this quarter), and it's true that maps might look slightly different when using the old editor. However - they definitely shouldn't be as broken as it appears in your screenshot, @jfa. It looks like you may be experiencing a bug in converting your map. Are you experiencing a similar error @drtemo ?

As a quick troubleshooting, might first try selecting your central topic and toggling auto-formatting on or off for your mind map. Does this change the way the map is viewed in the old editor?

This might solve the issue short term, but I have a suspicion this is an active bug which I will refer to our developers. Please let me know if changing formatting options helped.

Happy new year and apologies for the headache,

Andrew

• drtemo

Yes, I have the same issue. See attached. When I toggle on auto format in the old editor as you suggested, all of my links and attachments to topics are still nonfunctional and actually disappear in some cases , so that’s not a workable solution unfortunately. It’s frustrating not to really be able to use the app at all, but I understand that these things take time. In the meantime I think I’ll request a refund for the iOS app and wait until it’s functional to repurchase/resubscribe.

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 1,359 Community Leader

Hi @jfa, you're very welcome. I think the Dev-Team will solve the problem very soon. I know, that Meister is taking all feedback and bug-reports very seriously 👍️

Best regards and happy new year

Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

• drtemo

@Andrew Lapidus any idea when this bug might be addressed? I love mindMeister but I’m realizing that to make it sustainable for my use cases I need to be able to use my maps on my phone— it’s such a critical piece of the system for me to be able to enter ideas on the fly. Let me know if you have any updates or thoughts.

• Andrew Lapidus

Hi @drtemo - I've filed a ticket with our support and bug triage team - they should be in touch with you regarding this specific bug.

As far as when the new editor will be released mobile, I dont have a more specific timeline than by the end of Q1 this year. Sorry for the frustrations here, but hope we can solve this issue soon.

Best,

Andrew

• tmccaw
    tmccaw EN Basic Posts: 1 New Here

I’m having the same issue. I can’t edit my maps on my iPad with the new editor. When I try to use the old editor, the map is unusable (no connectors, missing topics, etc). Please advise. MindMeister as is can’t be used on my iPad

• drtemo

Yep@tmccaw —- the support person who reached out to me seems to think it’s just one map and is a bug but actually it’s happening for any map I try. It’s a general issue where the update basically rendered the app unusable. Hopefully they’ll get the new editor up and running soon, but if I was on the dev team I’d be suggesting they revert back fully to the old functional editor.

• Andrew Lapidus

Hi @tmccaw and @drtemo - I've updated this bug report to make sure it's clear that the issue is with all maps on the iOS editor, and isn't related to a single map.

You're right @drtemo that the release of the new editor is imminent, but our engineers are still prioritizing a fix for your issue. Updates to follow - apologies again for the frustration here.

Best,

Andrew

• Emily
    Emily EN Pro Posts: 132 Star Contributor

Conversions are working fine on my iOS app 7.11.11 - have you tried a full reinstall?