🏆 Best Practices: Timeline

Miša Hennin
Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,307 Community Admin
edited August 2023 in Get Inspired

Hey đź‘‹

From chatting with users, we’ve found that Timeline is one of the most desirable Business features and we can definitely see why. Despite this, we sometimes get questions about how you can really get the most out of it 🤔.

As a result, @Andrew Lapidus wrote a best practices piece on how to use Timeline to take your project management to the next level. Check out his 6 simple steps for scheduling and coordinating even the most complicated project in this article here.

Do you regularly use Timeline? Share your own tips and tricks below!

Comments

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,307 Community Admin

@Cathy Fanning I was wondering whether you've got any tips on how to get the most out of Timeline? Since you've got a strong project management background I'm super interested in what you think of it!

• Cathy Fanning
    Cathy Fanning International Partner, MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 160 Mastermind

Hi @Miša @Andrew Lapidus comments and tips for using the Timeline views are excellent! Probably one of MeisterTasks more "pure" project management features, unfortunately overlooked by some users until it's shown to them.

I haven't really got any outstanding tips that come to mind but some clients who are using Microsoft Project for really large scale complicated projects are also using or trailing MeisterTask. They are really impressed with the Timeline view. It creates a familiarity with Microsoft Project which allows them to learn MeisterTask even quicker.

In training or consulting sessions if I know the client is already using Microsoft Project extensively I will focus on MeisterTask's Timeline view. It always works and then you simple wait for the light bulb moment.

Regards

Cathy Fanning

www.thetemporaryalternative.com.au