💡 Feature request: Rearranging checklist items

Olivia Milton-Thompson
Olivia Milton-Thompson EN Basic Posts: 6 Beginner
edited March 2023 in MeisterTask Feature Board

Currently when you tick off checklist items in a task, you have to scroll to the bottom of your ticked list to add a new checklist item, which then stays at the bottom of the list.

Could you automatically push checklist items when they get ticked to the bottom and automatically have new unticked items stay at the top of the list i.e. the "add checklist item" button always at the top. Prevents having to scroll through a list of ticked items to reach your unticked items or having to drag each individual unticked checklist item to the top!

Tagged:
9 votes

Open for voting · Last Updated

Comments

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 1,359 Community Leader
    edited March 2023

Hi @Olivia Milton-Thompson 👋🙂

A very good idea in general. The only point to think about is, that many users arrange their checklists in a predefined order and don't want to have changed that by the program itself.

But with a specific setting, this feature could nevertheless be implemented 😎

I'm in

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

• Olivia Milton-Thompson
    Olivia Milton-Thompson EN Basic Posts: 6 Beginner

Hi @Joerg Koper

Yes this is true, although I would have thought once a checklist item has been ticked off, that order is less important? But I agree, don't want to affect people's systems!

But nonetheless, changing it so a new "Add a checklist item" always appears at the top rather than at the bottom (before you rearrange it) would solve the annoyance I have of having to scroll down a long list of ticked items to get to my unticked items :)

• Samuel Schläpfer
    Samuel Schläpfer MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 595 Community Leader

Hi everyone,

I give my vote here too.

I would prefer that the new taks will appear at the top in column.

What I don't need, for me personal, is that the ticked tasks got down at the bottom of the column.

The impossible does not exist! The solution has just not been found yet!

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 1,359 Community Leader

Absolutely agree with you, Olivia. Having to scroll down long checklists can be annoying 😉

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

• Admin BSF.company
    Admin BSF.company International Partner, MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 487 Community Leader

If it's a setting that can be enabled/disbled, I'm in too 👍

Follow me on LinkedIn and:

BSF.company - Digital Solutions For Your Business.

Technopreneuring.Com - Optimize Resources. Maximize Results.

GestionOperativa.Com - Optimiza Recursos. Maximiza Resultados.

• Ursula Webhofer
    Ursula Webhofer EN Pro Posts: 2 New Here

This has been bugging me for a while. I tend to have long lists and always scroll to the bottom to add a new item, then dragging it to the top. Instead of automatically jumping any new item to the top, how about a little icon or even the "Add Checklist Item" string on top and on the bottom?