📣 Product Update: MindMeister - MeisterTask Integration

Andrew Lapidus
Andrew Lapidus Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,007 Community Admin

Hello everyone, and happy Monday to you all! 🌞

I wanted to quickly let our community know about a significant update to MindMeister's integration with MeisterTask:

💡 What's new:

Previously, it was only possible to create and assign tasks in the new map editor. Today's update allows you to perform many more actions on any task synced to a mind map topic. You can now:

• Complete the task
  • Assign the task to a colleague
  • Add a description
  • Add or edit the task due date
  • Move the task to a new section or project
  • Archive the task
  • Delete the task
  • Unlink the task from your mind map

🤔 How to access the integration:

The integration can be accessed the same way as before. Simply right-click on a mind map topic, then select Task.

As always, we'd love to get your feedback on this and all other product updates — looking forward to hearing from you in the comments!

Best,

Andrew

P.S. In the coming months, the MM team will be focusing primarily on feature parity between the old and new editor. You can find out more about what's coming by filtering for Planned in the MindMeister feature request category.

Comments

• Michael Heil
    Michael Heil DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 86 Star Contributor

Hi Andrew, this is a very good new feature, really. It helps to combine MindMeister with MeisterTask, I like it.

You know what I would also like to see (if possible?).

• select/assign a Tab from that board to the task
    • select/assign one of my personal agenda Tabs to the task

I think it would also be good to be able to assign a reminder to a mindmap topic with a rightclick. Sometimes you don't want to create an extra MeisterTask item, but it still would be great to get a reminder from the mindmeistermap with a link to that mindmap Topic, just you don't forget about it. Possible? I think I will suggest that to our community 😁

Michael Heil

eBusiness-KompetenzZentrum gUG (haftungsbeschränkt)

m.heil@ebz-kl.de

www.ebz-kl.de

• Andrew Lapidus

Excellent suggestion, @Michael Heil! Our product teams are very much interested in learning more about how are users would like to integrate between our products - this sort of feedback is extremely valuable! Posting a link to your suggestion here.

• Andrew Lapidus
    edited September 2022

Hi @Jörg Koper - I wanted to tag you here and ask if you had also seen the new integration between MM and MT. It might be somewhat relevant to the webinar last week :D Would love to hear your feedback!

Also @Tatiana Torres - Would love to hear your feedback. Do you use the integration with MT with your students? Or is this not super relevant to your use case?

• Admin BSF.company
    Admin BSF.company International Partner, MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 487 Community Leader

This is wonderful @Andrew Lapidus , the fewer clicks and opened tabs in my browser, the faster we're at work.

Best regards.

Andrés D'Andrea

Follow me on LinkedIn and:

BSF.company - Digital Solutions For Your Business.

Technopreneuring.Com - Optimize Resources. Maximize Results.

GestionOperativa.Com - Optimiza Recursos. Maximiza Resultados.

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 1,359 Community Leader
    edited September 2022

Hi @Andrew Lapidus - I have tested the new integration and I am very impressed. We are actually working on a Scotland-Project, the we first have planned in MindMeister. With the integration it´s very easy to write Notes into MT tasks right from MindMeister (including the MT text formatting)...without having to switch between the two programs. Great feature and time saver 👍️

Are there more features planned? For example creating checklists right from MindMeister?

---

Ich habe die neue Integration getestet und bin sehr beeindruckt. Wir arbeiten gerade an einem Schottland-Projekt, das wir zuerst in MindMeister geplant haben. Mit der Integration ist es sehr einfach, direkt aus MindMeister heraus Notizen in MT-Aufgaben zu schreiben (inklusive der MT-Textformatierung)...ohne zwischen den beiden Programmen wechseln zu müssen. Tolle Funktion und Zeitersparnis 👍️

Sind weitere Funktionen geplant? Zum Beispiel das Erstellen von Checklisten direkt aus MindMeister heraus?

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

• Andrew Lapidus

Great to hear you've found the new integration helpful, @Jörg Koper ! Thanks for the feedback! :D

Being able to add checklists from MindMeister seems to be a natural next step — I think it's almost the only basic task action that can't be performed with the integration. I'm not aware of any plans to currently build this, it would be a great feature request!

Right now, there is an ongoing discussion about ways to bulk-convert mind map topics into projects, or to more easily allow for large workflows/mindmaps to be automatically converted into projects - maybe this would also fit your workflow? There is a discussion here and a feature request here which might be interesting for you!

• Joerg Koper
    edited October 2022

Thanks a lot for the links to the discussion and feature request @Andrew Lapidus.

I've posted my feature request for the checklist-function 👍️

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

• kimukimu
    kimukimu EN Basic Posts: 6 New Here

こんにちは!

今日からこのコミュニティに参加しています。

マインドマイスターの新しい機能、良いですね!

• Andrew Lapidus

Great to have your feedback as well, @kimukimu ! Welcome to the Community! We're super happy to have our first two Japanese-speaking members in you and @yuki 😀

Incidentally, I'd also be interested in your feedback on this change, @yuki - as you can see above, there has been some discussion on the best way to integrate MindMeister with MeisterTask. It'd be interesting to hear your thoughts!

• Michael Heil
    Michael Heil DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 86 Star Contributor

Sorry, I can't read that :-(...could you please write in english language? that would be perfekt! Thank you!

Michael Heil

eBusiness-KompetenzZentrum gUG (haftungsbeschränkt)

m.heil@ebz-kl.de

www.ebz-kl.de

• Joerg Koper

Moin @Michael Heil, mit dem Übersetzungstool von DeepL können wir auch die Texte unserer japanischen Freunde lesen 😉

• Joerg Koper

@kimukimu さん、こんにちは。翻訳でお困りなら、DeepL がお手伝いします。😉

• rick.gladwin
    rick.gladwin EN Basic Posts: 1 New Here

+1 to the suggestion from Stanislas – I came here to make the same request.

I find it a bit confusing to look at a collection of icons related to tasks and have them all be checkmarks, when some tasks are completed and some aren't.

It would be a very helpful feature if the status of the linked MeisterTask item matched the icon on the node in MindMeister – e.g. (the default icons) a lightbulb for Open, a "pulse" line for In Progress, and a check mark for Completed.

Cheers

• Andrew Lapidus

Thanks @Stanislas and @rick.gladwin for your feedback, and welcome to the community!

I definitely see where both of you are coming from - based on your feedback (and also some other requests about bulk conversion of mind map nodes into tasks and projects here and here), it's plain to see that while the new update gives more granularity in managing individual tasks in MindMeister, it is missing more "bigger picture" overview tools.

I've forwarded your feedback to our dev team, but I'm also planning on speaking to our MeisterTask and MindMeister product leads directly - I'll keep you updated with their response here!

Thanks again for the great feedback!

Best,

Andrew

• Amit Yadava
    Amit Yadava DE Business Posts: 11 Beginner

Dear Meisterteam,

I would love to link the bubbles on my Mindmap with tasks, which already exist in Meistertask.

At the moment the connection is only possible by creating new Tasks automatically through Mindmeister.

Best,

Amit

• Andrew Lapidus

Hi @Amit - it should be possible to link to an existing task by clicking the "Link to an existing Task" link:

Let me know if this works for you!

Best,

Andrew

• Channing Kelly
    Channing Kelly EN Business Posts: 59 Star Contributor

+1 +1 -- I don't currently use the mind map software, but the integration makes it more appealing. However I would see the value in being able to see at a glance how things are moving along, what's completed, etc. and absent some sort of color coding in the mind map it doesn't really help me much over just looking at the project in MeisterTask.

• Alec Elmore
    Alec Elmore EN Business Posts: 11 Beginner

Checking to see if there has been any additional consideration to the comments above about showing a different icon on the node if a task is open/completed/archive. Thank you!

• Andrew Lapidus

Hi Alec — this feature is planned, but with no release date yet announced. You can stay updated on any changes or updates by upvoting/bookmarking the thread below:

Hope this helps - have a great weekend!

Best,

Andrew