[RESOLVED] What to do when saved map URL is no longer working?

Kathy Watters
Kathy Watters EN Basic Posts: 4 Beginner
edited March 2023 in Ask the Community

I created a file last summer. I have the URL. It's simply gone. No longer takes me to a mind map but to the grid of all my mindmaps. I am sick over so thought I'd ask her if anyone else has experienced this and if anyone at Meister could respond with guidance.

Best Answer

• Andrew Lapidus
    Andrew Lapidus Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,007 Community Admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @kwatters14 - I found the origin of the map in question — looks like it was created with another account. I've sent you the details via DM 😀 Let me know if you have any other questions!

Answers

• Andrew Lapidus

Hi @kwatters14 - thanks for reaching out. Did you receive any error message when clicking the saved URL? The error message would appear at the top of your dashboard/map listing.

I'm asking because there was a bug a few months back which caused some strange behavior when clicking on saved map URL's — your situation might be related.

Another potential issue - do you have more than one MindMeister account? The map might be private and restricted to another account.

If you'd like, you can send me the map URL via DM and I'll take a look in our database.

Hope this helps,

Andrew

• Kathy Watters

Thanks for your quick response. I don't get an error that persists; it looks like there may be an error that flashes but very quickly redirects me to folders. Map I'm looking for: https://www.mindmeister.com/map/2381726649

• Andrew Lapidus

Thanks for the info - I'll do some investigating on our side, but from an initial look it appears that this map hasn't been shared with your account - is it possible it was created with a different account / different e-mail address?

• Kathy Watters

I am 95% certain it wouldn't have been with another account. I am not aware that I have another account but will not rule out the possibility.

• Kathy Watters

Hi, @Andrew Lapidus. Thank you so much for your help!!!!