Automation to send Mail to a customer

Bot
Bot EN Basic Posts: 1 New Here
edited March 2023 in Ask the Community

Hello,

currently I'm working on an workflow with MeisterTask. But I'm not 100% shoure if MeisterTask is the correct tool for me and my team. So I want to automate a workflow which is triggered, when a customer registers for a seminar over a form on the website.

After the registration we get a task (automatically generated per mail) in our projectboard in the column "customer info" with all information from the website form(firstname, lastname, phonenumber, email, seminardate, etc). So far so good. Now it would be perfect if the created task automatically goes into another column with the seminar date to which the customer has registrated. i.E if the customer has register to a seminar on Mar 30th, 2023 the task would automatically move to this specific column (provided this specific column exists). And after the task moves it should (somehow) set a reminderdate which triggers a reminder mail for the customer if the reminderdate (one day befor the seminar starts) is equal the current date. After the remindermail is send the task should move to the next column.

I don't know if this is possible, just with the UI of MeisterTask or some plugins/power-Ups/ API/ Slack 🤷‍♂️ but if before I spend hours with testing and searching the internet, I wanted to ask the community if this is possible or not. Or if anyone has another idea 🤷‍♂️

Answers

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 1,359 Community Leader
    edited March 2023

Hi @Bot and welcome to the community 👋🙂

btw…your nickname may be a bit confusing for some members and could hold them back to react. However, I'll give it a try, even for all other users that are wondering how this could work 😄

Your approach is completely understandable to me. But…you're mixing the features of a task and project management software with the wish for a registering tool for individual events.

However, MeisterTask is definitely an absolute power tool for mapping innovative ideas.

My suggestions:

1. After the registration we get a task (automatically generated per mail) in our projectboard in the column "customer info" with all information from the website form(firstname, lastname, phonenumber, email, seminardate, etc)

= Absolutely manageable via automations so far.

2. Now it would be perfect if the created task automatically goes into another column with the seminar date to which the customer has registrated. i.E if the customer has register to a seminar on Mar 30th, 2023 the task would automatically move to this specific column (provided this specific column exists).

= If you don't want to use a related booking software (integration or component) on your website, you could solve this via different generated contact forms in each event and then send automated E-Mails to the E-Mail addresses, that have been generated by the MeisterTask sections themselves (Event XY on Mar 30th, 2023).

3. And after the task moves it should (somehow) set a reminderdate which triggers a reminder mail for the customer if the reminderdate (one day befor the seminar starts) is equal the current date. After the remindermail is send the task should move to the next column.

= You can of course create an automation for a "Due Date" but you can't trigger MeisterTask to send E-Mails to your customers like a booking tool would do. For automations like this, you will need to think about a solution out of MeisterTask. Maybe via your preferred calendar or another web-solution for reminders or event booking.

Fingers crossed for your project 😉

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

• Admin BSF.company
    Admin BSF.company International Partner, MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 487 Community Leader
    edited March 2023

Hello, welcome to the community @Bot!

MeisterTask is, indeed, the proper tool to make sure all of your potential customers receive the proper sales treatment and follow-up after they fill the initial web form.

For example, the other day, I was talking to @Miša Hennin on how you could send your prospects to the first column (Inquiries) of this template to start the sales process exactly as you described.

Important Note: The above is considering that the purpose of using MeisterTask is "task execution and follow up". That's actually what MeisterTask is for.

Now, if the only focus is to send "email reminders and notifications", then I'd suggest other solutions for that.

For example, depending on the tech stack under your website, you could integrate some email marketing solutions with the ability to enroll subscribers and registrants in an automatic email campaign, with automatic reminders and mass notifications.

Depending on which solutions you choose, the limitations will circle the following parameters:

• Quantity of emails that can be sent per day.
    • Quantity of registrants that can enter your workflow and database.
    • Quantity of active campaigns you can have at a certain moment.

In our agency, we implement a cost-effective solution called SAM (Servicio Automático de Marketing) that:

• Sends automatic email marketing campaigns with certain triggers and actions, depending on customer's behavior.
    • Can register unlimited potential customers for several branches of your business (no limits on the DB size).
    • Has the ability to send 5,000 emails per day, with options to expand that number if needed.
    • Saves you time in content and campaign creation because everything is done-for-you.

You can easily do an implementation in which your website operates as the source of all prospects, and then:

• Integrate MeisterTask for sales agents, where they can get prospects assigned for sales execution and follow-up only. They don't need access to the whole customer database.
    • Integrate a CRM solution for the Sales Managers or Business Owners for total access to the contacts' database, as well as sales numbers and reports.
    • Integrate Email Marketing solutions like SAM or any other that takes care of automatically sending customized email notifications and reminders to prospects and customers.

In case you want to do everything yourself, I also know various off-the-shelf solutions that operate as do-it-yourself cloud offerings.

With additional information about your project, I could provide further recommendations, so feel free to leave them below, and I'll get back to you.

In case you wish to discuss privately, send me a PM, and we can arrange a videoconference for a free-of-charge 1 hour consultation.

Stay in touch 👍
    Andrés D'Andrea

Follow me on LinkedIn and:

BSF.company - Digital Solutions For Your Business.

Technopreneuring.Com - Optimize Resources. Maximize Results.

GestionOperativa.Com - Optimiza Recursos. Maximiza Resultados.