3 Benefits Of Gamification Applied To Sales

Options
Admin BSF.company
Admin BSF.company International Partner, MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 487 Community Leader
edited August 2023 in Tips and Templates

Gamification for sales is the process of using game-like mechanics to engage and motivate your prospects and customers. In a business environment, gamification can be used in various ways to increase sales for your business.

The key to successful gamification is to make it fun and rewarding without making it too difficult. When done correctly, gamification can produce significant results for your business.

Benefits Of Gamification Applied To Sales

Let’s see below 3 benefits of gamification for sales.

1. Interactive Demonstrations Of Your Products

One of the ways you can use gamification for sales is to implement interactive demonstrations of your products. You don’t even have to create new content; instead, use videos that already exists in your social networks.

A practical example of the concept above is the demonstration that my team have prepared for you, taking as starting point an existing video in MindMeister's YouTube channel.

In this gamified video, you’ll see the new MindMeister's user interface, the new features of this wonderful tool, all while interacting with the speaker’s explanation.

Imagine the potential:

• Insert comments.
  • Survey users.
  • Train sales teams.
  • Etc.

If you want the complete experience, then visit my personal blog Technopreneuring, and look for the article titled like this publication. Once you open it, you'll be able to interact with this gamified demo for yourself.

I can't embed any gamified element on this platform, so the low-res screen capture above is the best I can show you here.

The truth is that this type of gamified content is compelling because the video will provide interactions for the user. All while collecting the answers for storage in the system’s database.

As if that were not enough, these types of integrations allow you to invite your potential clients to register on your platform for saving their results. This gives you plenty of opportunities to share more details about your expertise, products, and services.

In short, interactive videos are a mighty tool to increase your sales using content already existing in your organization.

2. Engagement Of Your Clients

Another way to implement gamification in your sales processes is to encourage customers to make their first purchase, or reinvest in your brand’s products and services.

For example, you could offer loyalty points that can be redeemed for discounts or free products.

In the case of e-commerce customers of our agency, we have implemented fortune wheels that are embedded in the cart and payment pages. This way, you could offer additional discounts to customers who register their account at checkout.

You could also offer exclusive discounts or access to product launches to customers who reach certain levels in your loyalty program.

3. Virality In Social Networks

Gamification can also be used to increase engagement on social networks. For example, you can organize contests or raffles where participation tickets are awarded not in exchange for money, but in exchange for social media interactions.

You can also reward customers who leave reviews about your products or services with loyalty points or discount coupons that they can redeem on their next purchase.

Experts In Gamification For Sales

If you need an agency with experience implementing this type of strategy for your business, then send me a direct message to organize a videoconference and discuss your needs in depth. We have more than 10 years of experience developing this type of solution for clients in various parts of the world.

In Summary

Through gamification, companies can engage and motivate prospects, customers, and social media followers alike. When done correctly, gamification can produce significant results for your business.

What are you waiting for? Start incorporating gamification into your sales processes today.

Remember to leave me your ideas and questions in the comments section of this post.

Best regards.

Andrés D'Andrea

Follow me on LinkedIn and:

BSF.company - Digital Solutions For Your Business.

Technopreneuring.Com - Optimize Resources. Maximize Results.

GestionOperativa.Com - Optimiza Recursos. Maximiza Resultados.

Comments

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,354 Community Admin
    Options

Another brilliant piece @Andres D'Andrea - creative and clever solution for sales. I wonder what the risks of using gamification in sales might be, any ideas? And perhaps ways to reduce or prepare for these risks..

• Admin BSF.company
    Admin BSF.company International Partner, MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 487 Community Leader
    Options

Thanks @Miša 😃

A couple of issues we've faced in the past are these two:

Overthinking the solution: in this regard, I like to think of gamification like a good joke: "if you have to explain it, then it's not that good".

The key for success is:

🔑 Whatever the gamified element will be, it has to be simple, elegant, and people should "get it" by themselves.

Accusation of being manipulative: all I can say is this; gamification is a super-power. If it couldn't be used for evil, then it wouldn't be a super-power.

Social Media as we know it is built on top of ancient gamification concepts. They deal with the psychology of the human nature through gamification in various ways, with various intentions.

The keys for success are:

🔑 How you implement gamification, is ultimately your responsibility

🔑 Be careful with what you're willing to achieve

🔑 Use super-powers for good stuff, and good stuff will happen to you

I, personally, love to use gamification for boosting learning methodologies or product demonstrations. Those are good uses for this kind of concepts in sales.

The above applies not only for sales, but also operations, HR, accounting, etc.

Thanks for such a thoughtful question @Miša 🤩

Best regards.

Andres

• Andrew Lapidus
    Andrew Lapidus Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,007 Community Admin
    Options

Wow 🤩 Extremely useful and insightful commentary, @Andres D'Andrea. Gamification is an extremely fascinating topic, not only for its usefulness and effectiveness, but also for what it teaches us about our own psychology! It is truly EVERYWHERE these days. Thanks a ton for this extremely creative use case.

I've also heard some similar criticisms to those you mention here, e.g. "manipulation", with many people (rightly?) blaming gamified elements in social media for some truly awful societal problems. I think you hit the nail on the head with: "gamification is a super-power. If it couldn't be used for evil, then it wouldn't be a super-power."

I tend to think of gamification is a sort of optimized and modern incentive structure. People love clear goals, clear rewards, tracking our progress, displaying our successes... — gamification can be a very fun way of satisfying these in a healthy environment!

• Admin BSF.company
    Options

@Andrew Lapidus thanks for your insights as well

I'm saving this for days when I want precise definition of the concept in a short sentence:

"Gamification is a sort of optimized and modern incentive structure. People love clear goals, clear rewards, tracking our progress, displaying our successes... — gamification can be a very fun way of satisfying these in a healthy environment!"

Good one! 👍️