Are the Mind Maps AODA compliant?

Linda
Linda EN Basic Posts: 1 New Here

Hello all!
Is the mind map tool AODA compliant?

The Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 ( AODA ) is intended to reduce and remove barriers for people with disabilities so that Ontario can become more accessible and inclusive for everyone.

https://www.ontario.ca/page/accessibility-in-ontario#:~:text=About%20accessibility%20laws,accessible%20and%20inclusive%20for%20everyone.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,307 Community Admin
    Answer ✓

Hey @Linda and welcome! (Thanks for the tag @Andres D'Andrea)

I followed this up internally and found out that we're not there yet, but we've started auditing our products and we're aiming for compliance by 2025.

I hope this helps!

Best,

Miša

Answers

• Admin BSF.company
    Admin BSF.company International Partner, MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 487 Community Leader

Hello @Linda welcome to the community!

I just spent a couple of minutes reading about AODA, specifically The Information and Communications Standards.

Considering that organizations must make their websites, including web-based apps, accessible by featuring speech recognition, screen reading, and screen magnification solutions in their products, I guess it's better to include @Miša Hennin in this conversation to get a better answer.

You can also check this post by @Andrew Lapidus on how neurodiverse students can use MindMeister for academic essay planning.

Best regards.

Andrés D'Andrea

Follow me on LinkedIn and:

BSF.company - Digital Solutions For Your Business.

Technopreneuring.Com - Optimize Resources. Maximize Results.

GestionOperativa.Com - Optimiza Recursos. Maximiza Resultados.