[RESOLVED] Why is my map suddenly in view-only? I'm admin and can't edit

Fernanda Lauton
Fernanda Lauton EN Basic Posts: 3 Beginner
edited April 2023 in Ask the Community

Best Answer

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,307 Community Admin
    Answer ✓

Hi,

A fix has been deployed. Could anybody confirm this for me?

Best,

Miša

Answers

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 1,359 Community Leader

Hi @Fernanda Lauton and welcome to the community 👋🙂

Is the related mind map yours, or are you invited to the map as a member of a group? It looks like the owner of the mind map restricted your rights to "view only" mode.

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

• Fernanda Lauton
    edited March 2023

Yes this map was created by me and I have not shared it with anyone but apparently, now I need "permission" to edit it. I am logged on my account and I need permission from myself in order to edit my own map…???

Thanks for answering, can you help me?

• Joerg Koper
    edited April 2023

Hi @Fernanda Lauton,

have you purchased your licence on a mobile device? Maybe in the Apple App Store or Google Play Store? As far as I can see, you're working via Browser on a Windows machine. Maybe there is a little conflict. What licence do you have?

You can try the following as a first help:

• Log out of MindMeister
    • Delete the cache of your Browser

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

• danielreicheld
    danielreicheld EN Basic Posts: 2 Beginner

I tried it out, but i have same problem it doesnt work :(

• Joerg Koper

Thanks for reporting @danielreicheld 👍️

Meister-Team is informed. I think, we'll get some feedback soon.

Best, Jörg

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,307 Community Admin

Hi @Fernanda Lauton and @danielreicheld,

I'm sorry to hear about this.

Could you please try going back to the map listing and refreshing the page? And then click the map again and see if you have the correct permissions.

Please let me know if this solves the issue.

Best,

Miša

• danielreicheld
    danielreicheld EN Basic Posts: 2 Beginner

It works than right, but if i leave the website withn my mindmap, my changes are not saving, so if i go to menu and again to mindmap its old version so that new things which i added are not here, weird..

• Miša Hennin

Hi @danielreicheld,

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm sorry about this - It sounds very odd! I've created a support ticket for you. Our support team should be in touch with you shortly.

Best,

Miša

• Kevin Bird
    Kevin Bird EN Basic Posts: 7 Beginner

I have same issue. I can edit in 'New Editor' but cannot in 'legacy editor'.

I have run same proposals as above- No change

Have quit browser and restarted- no change. Logged in with a different browser- no change

Have duplicated map- No change in original nor duplicated map.

• Fernanda Lauton

What i did was to duplicate the map then i had normal access when i tried to edit the copy

Thanks so much

• Hiroshi Matsunaga
    Hiroshi Matsunaga EN Basic Posts: 1 Beginner

I have same issue. I can edit in 'New Editor' but cannot in 'legacy editor'.

I have run same proposals as above- No change

Have quit browser and restarted- no change. Logged in with a different browser- no change

Have duplicated map- No change in original nor duplicated map.

• Miša Hennin

Hi @Hiroshi Matsunaga,

Thanks for the info.

This is likely because your map has been converted to the new editor and can now no longer be opened in the old editor.

Please see this article for more info.

Best,

Miša