🧠 MeisterNote of the Month: Project Management (Construction)

Miša Hennin
Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,307 Community Admin
edited March 26 in Get Inspired

Hi all!

We're concluding our month-long look at managing construction projects with the Meister Suite by sharing our first ever MeisterNote template. This template includes all the documentation for the Three Clouds Home Construction Project - a project for creating a high-quality, sustainable home within five months.

This one source of truth for all documentation includes:

• Project timeline
  • Work breakdown structure
  • Stakeholder org chart
  • Scope statement
  • Permit
  • Contract
  • Agreements
  • Bidding documents

Note Highlights

@Zsuzsanna Kensell has embedded the stakeholders mind map and WBS org chart in the MeisterNote. This means that important information is accessible at a glance for all collaborators. By embedding the mind map rather than attaching a link, Zsuzsi allows stakeholders to browse entire maps and charts without leaving MeisterNote. More complex spreadsheets (for project schedules) are attached as a link in content blocks and accessible with the click of a button.

In this note, Zsuzsi links directly to bids in the Bidding Project Board. This allows stakeholders to visualize progress in the project and read important bidding details from within MeisterNote.

Get this Template!

If you'd like to explore this note yourself, please comment below and I will share the template with you! (Thank you external sharing 😍)! As this is the first full Suite set of templates we've shared, I'd love to hear what you think - 

Comments

• Samuel Schläpfer
    Samuel Schläpfer MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 595 Community Leader

Hi @Miša

Would love to explore this note. Maybe i'll get some new views, points, I didn't think of so far! 😊

And a big thank you to @Zsuzsanna Kensell for creating this template!

Best,

Samuel

The impossible does not exist! The solution has just not been found yet!

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,307 Community Admin

Hi @Rooster McNugget,

I'm glad to see you're interested! I've just shared the template with you. If you have any feedback or questions, please feel free to share here. I'm interested to hear what you think 😀.

Best,

Miša

• Cornelia Patscheider
    Cornelia Patscheider Admin, Moderator, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 591 Community Admin
    edited December 2022

sooo cool! Thanks for sharing @Miša . Could you also share this template with me 🙏? Thank you 🙌🙇‍♀️

• Samuel Schläpfer

Hi @Miša

Thanks for sharing the file. 👍️

I find the representation very good.👌 I think I will use this template in one of my ending projects. Can imagine that with this template I can make a good summary about the whole project with all valid contracts, permits, costs, etc. and some before and after pictures. Kind of a overview of the project.

I personally, and this is my personal opinion, do not like to use the template during the ongoing process. I prefer to use MeisterTask for that. I think I'm more flexible with MT and can share tasks more specific if I have to.

Thanks again for the template. It's great and will certainly use it.

Best,

Samuel

• Amit Yadava
    Amit Yadava DE Business Posts: 11 Beginner

Hi :)

iam interested in this template too.

best,

amit

• Miša Hennin

Of course @Amit !

I've just shared it with you :)

• Miša Hennin

Hey @Rooster McNugget,

Thanks so much for your feedback! I agree that the template is strong in its overview of everything you need to plan a project. It'd also help centralize all information and all documents in one place.

I think MeisterTask is also better for monitoring project progress, as you said, and perhaps in this case MeisterNote would achieve more simply as the single source of truth.

Best,

Miša

• Zsuzsanna Kensell
    Zsuzsanna Kensell MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 6 Success Manager

Hi All,

I'm so happy to see you found these templates helpful! I also enjoyed the conversations, and snapshots of your product usage in the individual threads when @Miša shared the templates.

Please feel free to share your version of the templates with us and how you implemented them! I'm always looking for new ways and perspectives to use all 3 of the products together!

Happy New Year! 🎉 🎊

Zsuzsanna

• Peter McCarthy
    Peter McCarthy MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 28 Star Contributor

Hey @Miša

I'd like to have a look at this template also! While we're not in construction - we do manage projects and are interested in what ideas you've come up with!

Thanks!

• Miša Hennin
    edited January 2023

Hi @PeterM ! I'm pleased to hear you'll take a look. I think templates directly from your industry are always nice to read; however, project management templates from any industry will of course have applicability to yours too!

I've shared the note with you.

Let me know what you think 😀

• Peter McCarthy
    Peter McCarthy MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 28 Star Contributor

Miša,

It's very good - thanks! A lot of what I expected to see.

My biggest ask for the Miester Suite is to have a project in Note and a project in Tasks that are integrated.

At the end you have tasks that are yours - are they linked to a project or are you just the owner of them?

Thanks for sharing!

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 1,359 Community Leader

Hey @Miša 👋🙂

I would love to sneek into this project too 😉

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

• Olaf Roeb
    Olaf Roeb EN Basic, MT Tester Posts: 121 Star Contributor

Hi @Miša

can you include me, too?

Best, Olaf

• Miša Hennin

Hi @PeterM, I'm pleased you enjoyed the note! Feel free to add the idea of syncing notes with projects as a feature request. Would be interesting if other users feel the need for the same!

@Olaf Roeb and @Jörg Koper absolutely - you should have received an email with the link.

Best,

Miša

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 1,359 Community Leader

Hi @Miša 👋🙂

This is an awesome example. Thanks a lot for sharing 👍️

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

• Olaf Roeb
    Olaf Roeb EN Basic, MT Tester Posts: 121 Star Contributor

Yes Misha, thank you for sharing. It's awesome.

• osaya55
    osaya55 EN Basic Posts: 1 New Here

Hello!

Im interested in this template. Can you please share? Thank you!

• Miša Hennin

@osaya55 I've just invited you! Here's the link.

• Idelin Molinas
    Idelin Molinas EN Basic Posts: 2 Beginner

Hi @Miša!! I would also like to have a copy of the template. I am teaching project management to the juniors at the place I work, and I think I can learn things from your template, as I did from your presentation above. Thanks!!

• Miša Hennin

Hi @Idelin Molinas and welcome to the Community!

Of course - I've just added you to the note.

You'll also find some other templates in there. For example, there's one for education (called Semester 1). Although this is for a school class, you might find some ideas for teaching juniors!

Let me know what you think.

Best,

Miša

• David Schranz
    David Schranz EN Basic Posts: 1 Beginner

Hallo @Miša

Ich würde mir diese Vorlage auch gerne ansehen! Ich bin neu bei MeisterNote und im Baubereich tätig und würde mir gerne ansehen was alles so möglich ist.

Danke

• Miša Hennin
    edited March 2023

Hallo @David Schranz,

Natürlich - ich habe Sie gerade zur Notiz hinzugefügt.

Wir haben auch andere Konstruktionsinhalte mit unseren anderen Tools:

Lass mich wissen was du denkst!

Am besten,
    Miša

P.S. I'm sure @Rooster McNugget can also give you some tips!

• Samuel Schläpfer

Hi @Miša Hennin for tagging me here.

Und falls du @David Schranz einen Input oder so brauchst, einfach per DM melden. 😉 Vielleicht kann ich dir helfen oder du hast ein paar gute Ideen die ich noch nicht hatte.

Beste Grüsse,

Samuel