[IMPLEMENTED] External Sharing for Notes

LeomarBarker
LeomarBarker EN Basic Posts: 2 Beginner

I'm trying to use MeisterNote to create an public wiki for my clients. Not being able to share my notes makes this impossible. We can share mindmaps and projects, seems like notes would be logical?

Tagged:
17 votes

Implemented! · Last Updated

Comments

• Dessy Prasad
    Dessy Prasad EN Business Posts: 69 Star Contributor

Would love to have external sharing as a feature!

• LeomarBarker
    LeomarBarker EN Basic Posts: 2 Beginner

Thank you for the responses. Do you have any specific timeframe when we can expect this change?

• Oliver Wich
    Oliver Wich DACH Partner, MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 80 Star Contributor

Right now, i have to add manually every one of my customers / teammembers :(

Please provide Team-Sharing like in MT and MM :)

Uspkilling Enthusiast. Empowering a new Generation of Legal Experts.

• JoiedeVivre
    JoiedeVivre EN Basic Posts: 65 Star Contributor

This is an extremely important feature - I really like MeisterNote but this is a bit of a thorn in my side :) Is there any update on the timeline here?

• Oliver Wich

And please don't forget sharing templates. Right now its not possible because only admins can use templates ;)THX ALOT

• Andrew Lapidus
    Andrew Lapidus Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,007 Community Admin

Hi all! 👋 I'd be happy to give a quick update :) External sharing remains the number one priority for the MeisterNote team. The team is looking to tackle the issue in two phases:

First, the team will turn "workspaces" into "notes", allowing users to "write on" a workspace, the same way you would a note. This change should happen in mid-October! (Of course, unexpected delays are always possible)

Second, the team will make a change to allow these notes to be shared with external users, in a similar way to projects/mind maps - this change should go live in Q4. I'll try to keep this space updated as soon as I get more information - and keep your eyes out for a major update to the MN interface in mid-October!

-Andrew

• Oliver Wich

How about Templates? Right now they can only be used by admins (copy / move).

So actually no employe and customer can use them. If i make them admin, they may ruin the template🙀

Will this also be part of the update? 🤩

• Andrew Lapidus

Hi @Oliver Wich - sorry for missing your question in my first response! 🙈

I'll talk to our MeisterNote Project Manager about this - My understanding is that this should theoretically be possible, but I think you are right to point this out as a separate issue. It would definitely be frustrating to have to repeatedly duplicate a note and share each one with separate users to make sure no one (accidentally) edited it!

Your use case for MN sounds just like how we use public mind maps - users who have been invited to a map and given "read only" privileges can still duplicate the map to their own account. I agree that this should be a part of MeisterNote as well! I'll flag this for the team and keep you updated. Great catch!

-Andrew

• Oliver Wich

Yes exactly. I would like to provide templates for my customers. Maybe sell them and get them into using Meister Products

• Oliver Wich

@Andrew Lapidus And PLEASE don't forget group sharing. It has been an extremely unproduktive workflow to add ever member manually and remove them if needed.

For MM and MT i just drop them into the group or remove them from the group ;)

• Andrew Lapidus

Hi all - very happy to share some concrete information on this release! External sharing is scheduled to be released in the first or second week of December 😀! Personally, I'm very excited to share my Christmas wish list note with friends outside of my work team. 🎅

As a quick caveat: Release dates like this are always subject to unforeseen incidents. Any circumstances which prevent this feature from functioning may lead to a delay.

That being said, what is clear is that we are in the final implementation and testing phase of external note sharing. I'll keep you all updated in this thread!

Best,

Andrew

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 1,359 Community Leader
    edited November 2022

Hi @Andrew Lapidus 👋🙂

that's a wonderful news. In this case my suggested solution for the question of @christiankogler@me.com will work for Guests in MeisterTask as well 💪😎

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

• Oliver Wich
    edited November 2022

Will this also include copying the notes so i can build templates and "give" them to my team/customers and they can copy it themselves without the ability to change it?

• Andrew Lapidus

Hi Oliver, I have been personally advocating for this feature on your behalf (I also see it myself as essential). It's now definitely planned, but will be released a bit after the external sharing release this December.

Our lead MN product manager agrees that duplicating notes (formerly workspaces) is the next logical step, so this should come soon after. 👍

• Andrew Lapidus

Hi All - the first iteration of external sharing was just launched :D You can find out more (and submit your feedback) on this product announcement thread!

Happy note sharing!

-Andrew

• Dessy Prasad
    Dessy Prasad EN Business Posts: 69 Star Contributor

Hi @Andrew Lapidus,

Thank you for adding this! I test this out and, unfortunately, it doesn't allow a user to view unless they have or sign up for a MeisterNote account. For this reason, we probably won't be using this as we want to be able to provide external sharing to our prospective advisors. Once the advisor joins, we would create the account for them with their business email. I feel this method of external sharing where they have to first create an account will only complicate our process.

Would there be a way to make it so that anybody with a link could view the document without having to create an account instead?

Thank you,

Dessy

• Oliver Wich
    edited December 2022

I agree and i am afraid so say, but this is not an "external sharing" feature 😜. I won't use it. It way to much effort to ask / search for the emailadr. of the people who might be interested 😥

• Andrew Lapidus

Hi @Dessy and @Oliver Wich - I can definitely see how the current method of sharing doesn't help your workflows. The update to MN sharing allows external users (i.e. users who aren't on your team license) to create an account and access a note, but it doesn't yet enable publicly sharing notes via link. I definitely agree that this is a logical next step for sharing - I'll talk to our MeisterNote product lead and get back to you both with more info.

Best,

Andrew

• Jarl-Derk Denninghaus
    Jarl-Derk Denninghaus EN Basic Posts: 2 Beginner

Hi @Andrew Lapidus,

For me, sharing with external users via email was very helpful. Many thanks for that.

But as mentioned by @Dessy and @Oliver Wich - this is not quite what was asked for. I would like to give my Colleges/Costumers a link to my note where I wrote detailed tutorial and added unlisted YouTube videos for training purposes.

Could you please reopen this request and give us news this feature?

Best regards

Jarl

• Andrew Lapidus
    edited March 2023

Thanks for flagging this, @Jarl Denninghaus — I totally agree! I've gone ahead and reopened a separate feature request for link sharing located here:

Would appreciate the upvotes!

Best,

Andrew

• Jarl-Derk Denninghaus
    Jarl-Derk Denninghaus EN Basic Posts: 2 Beginner

@Andrew Lapidus, already upvoted. Thanks a lot👍️

• FrancoisJaeger
    FrancoisJaeger EN Business Posts: 1 New Here

I completely agree with the previous comments. Public sharing using just one link and without account creation is essential. Embedding the note with a provided embed code would be a nice addition ;-)