Can you share a folder (i.e., multiple MindMaps) with others?

IngeniumChrism
IngeniumChrism EN Basic Posts: 1 Beginner

The folder view implies that folders can have members, but I cannot figure out how to invite members to a folder...

Best Answer

• Andrew Lapidus
    Andrew Lapidus Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,007 Community Admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @Emily , thanks for the tag, and hi @IngeniumChrism , welcome to the community! 👋

Emily is right - there is currently no way to share an entire folder with other users. At the moment, folders are only used to organize your personal dashboard.

I know of one user who got around this issue by sharing a single "Hub" mind map which included invite URLs to all the maps needed for a specific team. I thought this was a pretty cool workaround, but I also definitely agree that sharing an entire folder (or just many mind maps at once) is a pretty normal use case and would make a great feature request!

Best,

Andrew

Answers

• Emily
    Emily EN Pro Posts: 132 Star Contributor

Hi @IngeniumChrism - I ran into this a while ago, I don't believe there is a way to share an entire folder, but maybe @Andrew Lapidus or @Miša has an exact answer?

In my experience, the quickest way to share a large amount of maps with many users is to just share invite URLs.

• David Schlief
    David Schlief EN Basic Posts: 1 Beginner

I am finding that we really do need to share folders as we are working thru multiple mind maps to organize work and our business analysis. I'm not sure about how to create invite URLs for muiltiple maps.

It seems that if I create a "hub" map with links to other maps to have a single one, I still have to individually share each map to people on my team correct? Then have those individual URLs in maybe a text document which I can then put into the hub map? Am I understanding the process correctly?

Thank you for your time!

• Emily
    Emily EN Pro Posts: 132 Star Contributor

Hi David!, yes, this is how I use "master" maps, and share each map to entire classes via groups. However, I think this is only available to license teams and won'T work for external users.