Re collapsing connections for entire mind map, is there a keyboard shortcut please?

Owen Dempsey
Owen Dempsey EN Basic Posts: 5 Beginner

Hi,

I'm a beginner. Love the program. I plan to use for presentations and would like to start with just the central node (title) and then open up the connections as I progress through a talk. Is there a quick way of doing this? I thought there was a keyboard shortcut (Alt +0, or Alt +1) to close down all the connections before a talk, but this doesn't seem to work. I can still do it by manually closing down all the connections but it is a bit cumbersome. Thanks.

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Beata Mertyn
    Beata Mertyn EN Basic Posts: 21 Star Contributor
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓

Hi Owen,

I checked in Mindmeister's shortcuts list (link above: https://support.mindmeister.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017398960-Use-Keyboard-Shortcuts) and there is option with using Space bar.

Short instruction:

1. mark all branches with key shortcut Ctrl +A,
    2. then press Spacebar. The whole mindmap will collapse

You can use Spacebar to re-collapsing. It won't open the whole mind map (only main branches) but it still could be useful for you.

Please let me know if it sounds useful for you 😊

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 1,359 Community Leader
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓

Hi @Owen and welcome to the community 👋🙂

You can press STRG/CMD plus A, to choose all topics and then the space bar, to collapse or expand the topics before the presentation. To expand all topics, you can of course use the regular shortcut Alt plus 0 or 1 / 2 / 9 instead.

Unfortunately, it is not (yet) possible to collapse or expand the topics during the presentation.

During the presentation it's normally wanted, to put the focus only on the presentation itself, but I think, that it could be a nice feature to be able to expand and collapse connections during the presentation as well. You may like to submit a related feature request.

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

• Owen Dempsey
    Owen Dempsey EN Basic Posts: 5 Beginner
    Answer ✓

Thanks, Merbe and Jorg, really nice of you to pass on advice, much appreciated! I will put in a feature request.

Best wishes

Owen