transfering tasks between projects: newest task on top of the column

NiBiWi
NiBiWi EN Basic Posts: 2 New Here

Hello MT-team,

I often transfer tasks from other projects into the inbox in my own project. The only thing that I don´t really get, is why the new tasks appear at the bottom of the column, since I can´t see them very well. And it doesn´t help me to sort them by their date, since I would need to sort them by their "time of arrival" in my project and not their time of origin. I couldn´t find a feature like this, and I would really like a new way to sort the columns in my project, e.g. time of arrival or importance.

If such a feature already exists and I just don´t know it, I´m sorry 😅

0 votes

Open for voting · Last Updated

Comments

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,307 Community Admin

Hey @NiBiWi and welcome!

Thanks for the explanation - I can understand your frustration here.

I played around a bit myself and have one suggestion. Perhaps when you open the task you want to move, you also change the due date to today's date. Then you move it to the new project and sort the column by Due date. This will bring the moved task to the top so you can access it easily and then do whatever you want to with it.

I get that this is a pretty clumsy workaround but I thought I'd suggest it anyway.

In terms of the feature request, would you rather see a filter by Arrival / Move Date option or just have moved tasks automatically arrive at the top of the column?

Best,

Miša

• NiBiWi
    NiBiWi EN Basic Posts: 2 New Here

Hello Miša,

thank you for your answer. Unfortunately, I don´t really work with due dates because I don´t really have a set schedule. Thanks for the suggestion though!

I would prefer to have moved tasks appear at the top of the column automatically, since that is the way I prefer to use MT. Since everybody uses it differently, I would suggest that you can choose how they appear after being moved for the projects, since other projects might be sorted "first-in-first-out". The same way I can choose between showing only comments or every activity in a task.

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,307 Community Admin

Hey!

Perhaps the workaround would be alright even if you don't work with due dates as it would still bring the new task to the top of the column? And then you could clear the due date.

I agree - I think it would be a much nicer experience if it just automatically moved to the top so that users could then move the task as they wish easily.

Thanks for the extra info.

Best,

Miša