Insert custom background images in MindMeister

Joerg Koper
Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 1,359 Community Leader

In the last weeks, I've had some situations where I could have needed an individual background for a mind map. It would be great to be able, to create a mind map with floating topics, that I can bring to desired positions of an image.

This feature would give us back the opportunity to create mind maps with a feeling of entertaining story telling 💪😎

Could be an image of a project, that has some special elements, a house with some nice windows, "road-maps" or treasure maps with marks. All these images could have eye-catchers, where topics can be positioned at.

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

13 votes

Open for voting · Last Updated

Comments

• Admin BSF.company
    Admin BSF.company International Partner, MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 487 Community Leader

You got my vote on this one buddy 👍️

Follow me on LinkedIn and:

BSF.company - Digital Solutions For Your Business.

Technopreneuring.Com - Optimize Resources. Maximize Results.

GestionOperativa.Com - Optimiza Recursos. Maximiza Resultados.

• Samuel Schläpfer
    Samuel Schläpfer MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 595 Community Leader

I'm in mate! 🤙

The impossible does not exist! The solution has just not been found yet!

• Ronald Pizzo
    Ronald Pizzo EN Basic Posts: 3 Beginner

I would love to be able to add a background to my map. I think you could in the earlier version of the mind meister

• Joerg Koper

You're absolutely right @REP 👍️

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

• Joerg Koper
    edited May 2023

I absolutely agree with you @Cornelia Patscheider 🙂

… and cool examples from Philippe by the way 👏👏👏

• Jennifer Gomes
    Jennifer Gomes EN Basic Posts: 2 Beginner

i vote for it too

• 5Cryptolas
    5Cryptolas EN Basic Posts: 3 Beginner

That's really cool. How did you do that in the background? Was that on the original editor?

• Cornelia Patscheider
    Cornelia Patscheider Admin, Moderator, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 591 Community Admin

Hi @5Cryptolas , yes that was the originally, old editor. Back in the old days, one could easily change the background color or add a picture/gif as background. I miss that feature a lot 😥

At the moment, changing the background color is only possible by choosing a new theme. And then the theme dictates the background color. A workaround I frequently use: I search for a nice map on the mind map universe and then reusing that map 💡