Is it possible to transfer tags from one to another project board?

Katja_Linke
Katja_Linke EN Basic Posts: 2 Beginner
edited April 2023 in Ask the Community

I created the perfect tags for my projects. Do I always need to create them from anew or can I transfer them from one board to another?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 1,359 Community Leader
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓

Hi @Katja_Linke

and welcome to the community from my side too 👋🙂

In addition to the very well described steps from @Andres D'Andrea, you can easily transfer existing tags from one project to another by creating a "dummy task" in one of your projects, choosing all the desired tags in the task and then to move the task to the other project, where you need the tag collection.

Your advantage with this little move-task-workflow for the dummy task is, that you can make a little journey through all different projects, to collect all desired tags…and then move back to the project, where they are needed. This dummy task can be used every time again if there is a need for it. Have fun trying it out 💪😉

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

Answers

• Admin BSF.company
    Admin BSF.company International Partner, MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 487 Community Leader
    edited April 2023

Hello @Katja_Linke, welcome to the Community!

The best way I've managed to transfer tags to different projects is:

• First, create a template Project.
    • Then duplicating that Project inside the same account, as need arises.
    • Or, importing that project as a JSON file to other accounts.

That should work well for new projects.

In the case of already existing projects, tags will have to be re-created manually.

For existing projects, it's best to follow Jörg's advice below 🥇

I hope the links above help you in your mission 😉

Best!
    Andres

Follow me on LinkedIn and:

BSF.company - Digital Solutions For Your Business.

Technopreneuring.Com - Optimize Resources. Maximize Results.

GestionOperativa.Com - Optimiza Recursos. Maximiza Resultados.

• Admin BSF.company
    Admin BSF.company International Partner, MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 487 Community Leader

Wow!

Today I learned a new trick, that's a nice way of avoiding manual re-creation of tags.

Now, I remember those times jumping between projects re-creating tags manually and can't help but think: If only I had known this before 🤦‍♂️

Thanks for sharing that trick @Joerg Koper 🤩

Cheers mate!
    Andres

Follow me on LinkedIn and:

BSF.company - Digital Solutions For Your Business.

Technopreneuring.Com - Optimize Resources. Maximize Results.

GestionOperativa.Com - Optimiza Recursos. Maximiza Resultados.

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 1,359 Community Leader

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

• Katja_Linke
    Katja_Linke EN Basic Posts: 2 Beginner

Thank you all for the super fast feedbacks! Funny, I've already used this trick for saved checklist. Could have thought of this solution …🤔

Best regards and have a great day!

Katja