MeisterNote - Is there a way to attach a macro enabled Excel file to a MeisterNote?

Options
Dessy Prasad
Dessy Prasad EN Business Posts: 69 Star Contributor
edited March 26 in Ask the Community

Hi there, see question above. Let me know if there's a way to do this. I'm trying to write up instruction on a macro we've created to use internally and wanted to attach the download file to it but kept getting an error message.

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,349 Community Admin
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Hey @Dessy Prasad,

So I found out this currently isn't possible but we're going to enable it asap. Our devs have prioritized this for the next release, which will likely be Tuesday or Wednesday, as May 1st is a holiday in our European offices.

I'll update this thread next week when I have confirmation that the extension will work!

Best,

Miša

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,349 Community Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hey @Dessy Prasad,

The devs deployed the release this morning so you should now be able to upload .xlsm files to MeisterNote!

Please let me know if you have any issues 😁.

Best,

Miša

Answers

• Miša Hennin
    Options

Hi @Dessy Prasad,

I can confirm that the same happens for me! I've reached out to the team to find out if this is expected behaviour. In the meantime, maybe you could convert the .xlsm file to .xlsx as this uploads fine.

I'll add to this thread when I have more info.

Best,

Miša

• Dessy Prasad
    Options

Thanks @Miša Hennin! I'll await your response. I can't convert the file because the whole point of it is to run the macro through it via a button so it would become nonworkable.

• Dessy Prasad
    edited April 2023
    Options

Sounds good. Thank you so much!! @Miša Hennin

• Dessy Prasad
    Options

Great thank you, @Miša Hennin!