Template Request: Family tree template

Options
lorena tas
lorena tas EN Basic Posts: 2 Beginner

I would love to be able to create my family tree, starting from me and going back 3-4 generations. I would love the template to be created in such a way that you understand at a glance who is married to whom and who is brother/child to whom.

11 votes

Open for voting · Last Updated

Comments

• Cornelia Patscheider
    Cornelia Patscheider Admin, Moderator, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 630 Community Admin
    edited May 2023
    Options

OMG, I would love this feature @lorena tas !! 😍😍😍

My family tree goes back 300 years and I would love to visualize this easily and beautifully. I tried with a current map, but there are so many connections… I would really need a mix of an org chart and mind map layout. The org chart with the flexibility of a mind map.

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business, EN Advocate Posts: 1,379 Community Leader
    Options

I'm in @lorena tas. That's a great idea.

And by the way…WOW @Cornelia Patscheider. A lot of lived history in your family tree 👀

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

• Cornelia Patscheider
    Cornelia Patscheider Admin, Moderator, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 630 Community Admin
    edited May 2023
    Options

Hi Jörg, yes, it is a biiiig tree. At the moment it's all documented on my dad's homepage (EN version) here. I would love to visualize the tree though. At the moment, you would have to print it on an A0 poster to make is visible 🙈😅.

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,349 Community Admin
    Options

Hey,

I LOVE this idea @lorena tas. It stuck in my mind yesterday so I decided to give it a try. While I know this isn't exactly what was meant by your feature request, I thought I'd share it anyway. Maybe it's something you could use in the meantime?

In this example, Ana is the main topic with her parents below on either side. Men are indicated with a blue heart and women with a red. The family tree focuses on parental lineage - I show parents at each generation by highlighting topics with progressively lighter blue.

Comparatively, I show sibling relationships with green connections and green topics because they are not the primary focus of the tree.

Please feel free to take a closer look at this map in the Public Maps Universe, and copy it to your own account.

Let me know what you think!

Best,

Miša

P.S. @Cornelia Patscheider that website is AMAZING. Maybe your dad wants to make one for me too? 🤣

• Cornelia Patscheider
    Options

Wow, that map looks beautifully 😍😍😍!!!

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business, EN Advocate Posts: 1,379 Community Leader
    Options

I like the website very much, Cornelia. Big compliment to your father. One of my favorite photos is the one of the Großglockner car. It reminded me of Ford Model T on Ben Nevis in 1911 😋

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

• Joerg Koper
    edited May 2023
    Options

@Miša Hennin

I'm very impressed of the mind map, you've created that fast, just out of an idea, Miša 🙌

This mind map could work very well for the family tree of @Cornelia Patscheider and could easily be implemented on the website as well 💪😎

• Samuel Schläpfer
    Samuel Schläpfer MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 599 Community Leader
    Options

@Miša Hennin

I love your map! Very impressiv! 😃👍️

you have encouraged me to do a family tree as well. have wanted to do this for a long time.

The impossible does not exist! The solution has just not been found yet!

• lorena tas
    lorena tas EN Basic Posts: 2 Beginner
    Options

Wow! Impressed by the website Cornelia shared. Thank you, Misa, for sharing a mindmap template so quickly! I think it was creative how you designed it.

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,349 Community Admin
    Options

Hey @Rooster McNugget, I'm glad you found the inspiration to get started! Be sure to let us know about your experience and if you come up with any tips!

@lorena tas you're welcome :) If you think of any ways of making it better or clearer, I'd love to know.

Best,

Miša

• Daniel Cajaleon Meza
    Daniel Cajaleon Meza EN Basic Posts: 1 New Here
    Options

WOW,INTERESTING