New Editor very slow: How to keep using legacy editor or save in local maps?

Options
Marco Mezzalana
Marco Mezzalana EN Basic Posts: 4 Beginner

Hi all,

I really don't like the new editor, with may maps (very big indeed) it is so tragically slow and messy. I want keep using legacy editor, and since now I can do it, but I know they are planning to moving definitely to New editor, in this case my maps will be hard to consult. Is there a way to save them in local? Consider the are huge… 😅

Best Answer

• Andrew Lapidus
    Andrew Lapidus Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,007 Community Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Marcomesa! Thanks for reaching out — sorry to hear about the poor performance in the new editor — while tests have shown that performance is generally significantly faster in the old editor, there are still some issues with large maps. Our engineering team is already at work to improve these cases.

Regarding saving a map onto your local drive: you can export your mind map in both the legacy and new editor - the linked article should help these cases!

I've also forwarded your feedback about keeping the legacy editor! Right now, there are no immediate plans to fully sunset the old editor for paid legacy customers.

Hope this helps! Feel free to reach out with any additional questions.

Best,

Andrew

Answers

• David Allen Arnn
    David Allen Arnn EN Basic Posts: 2 New Here
    Options

Do you know if there's a way to save styles like we used to? Like if I always want a certain border, color, etc to use over and over. I can't spot that in the new version. And yes… it is slow and buggy.

• Marco Mezzalana
    Marco Mezzalana EN Basic Posts: 4 Beginner
    Options

Ok, but I don't think saving the style could solve my problem…until now I'm using legacy editor… hoping they will keep it…

• JarekD
    JarekD EN Basic Posts: 1 New Here
    Options

Also no way to go back to old editor, correct?

And now the old editor won't allow free topic location?

What is happening with this company? Someone took over?

• Andrew Lapidus
    Andrew Lapidus Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,007 Community Admin
    Options

@David Allen Arnn Saving certain border styles, colors, etc., will be part of the Custom Themes update. This isn't yet available on the new editor but is planned! You can stay updated on this release by upvoting/commenting on this feature request.

In the meantime, a few users have suggested a workaround by copying/pasting styles to quickly customize a map.

Hope this helps, wishing you a great weekend!

-Andrew

• victorburgos
    victorburgos EN Basic Posts: 1 Beginner
    Options

I came here because I have the same problem, the new editor is painfully slow.

I have been a happy customer for many years and now I can not work on my maps fluently.

Please fix the performance issue or allow us to select the legacy editor.

• Danilo Granato
    Danilo Granato EN Basic Posts: 3 New Here
    Options

I have the same problem, it's impossible to work on this new editor. A lot of people of this forum shows that it is possible to open on Legacy System, but for me the button is not allowed.