🧠 Project Board of the Month: IT Implementation with MeisterTask

Cathy Fanning
Cathy Fanning International Partner, MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 160 Mastermind
edited August 2023 in Get Inspired

Hey everybody and welcome to your IT Implementation with MeisterTask!

Various scenarios are used in relation to an IT Implementation project: Rollouts, Upgrades, Consulting and Training. Everyone wants to keep the project on track and on budget, fulfil client expectations and demands, and run a smooth streamlined implementation. How do we do this and what are the best tools to use? Cue my MeisterTask template 😃.

The template can be used for various IT Implementation scenarios, and this post will give you a basic guideline and a general overview for getting your project off the ground. Feel free to edit it to suit your specific implementation and you'll be well on your way to success!

💡Remember, the secret to a successful implementation is testing and reviewing. Keep the tasks specific and achievable. Don’t promise what you can’t deliver! A successful implementation is a happy client.💡

Board Structure

Section 1 – Plan

Planning is critical. You’re creating the foundation for a successful implementation. Use this section to establish the client brief and expectations, proposed budget, resources, and approximate timeline to complete the implementation.

💡Tip: Allow plenty of time.💡

Section 2 – Preparation

Prepare, prepare and then prepare again. Use this board to gather, streamline and prepare for the Go Live stage. Gather information needed for resources, documentation, sessions needed, marketing and distributing information.

💡Tip: Run a test Go Live session.💡

Section 3 – Go Live

This is where it all comes together. Collect and collate daily figures and milestones. Stick to the project schedule but also be prepared for timelines and milestones to waver. Review as you are proceeding.

💡Tip: Keep all communication lines open, especially with your client.💡

Section 4 – Close Out

Congratulations, the implementation is finished. Now for the tidy-up. Review and measure performance, ROI and user feedback. Relay, meet and involve all facets of the implementation with the client. Was it a success? Is there room for improvement? Be sure to receive and consider client feedback.

💡Tip: Have you achieved the objectives and milestones set at the beginning of the project?💡

Tags

I use tags extensively throughout the project on all tasks in every section. This ensures complete transparency for all project users (both internal and external) so nothing gets overlooked and everyone is up to speed at every stage.

Get this Template!

Please feel free to import the json file attached below to your own MeisterTask account and explore the template further.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Cathy

Regards

Cathy Fanning

www.thetemporaryalternative.com.au

Comments

• Admin BSF.company
    Admin BSF.company International Partner, MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 487 Community Leader

Hello @Cathy Fanning, thanks for sharing such a comprehensive template for project management!

What I liked the most is your usage of tags, specially your vision of how Feedback goes along the whole process of delivering a project. Agree!

I wonder how fun it should be to filter by tags on that template 😊

Got to give it a try 👍

Best regards.
    Andres

Follow me on LinkedIn and:

BSF.company - Digital Solutions For Your Business.

Technopreneuring.Com - Optimize Resources. Maximize Results.

GestionOperativa.Com - Optimiza Recursos. Maximiza Resultados.

• Cathy Fanning
    Cathy Fanning International Partner, MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 160 Mastermind

Hi @Andres D'Andrea Glad you liked the template and find it useful. Always good to contribute and share one's skills and expertise with the group.

Regards

Cathy Fanning

• Andrew Lapidus
    Andrew Lapidus Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,007 Community Admin

Thanks for sharing, @Cathy Fanning, love this! 😁 With just a few clicks, I could import this template, invite team members, and immediately assign tasks/add watchers in bulk by filtering by the tags you added. Such a great way to launch any project at speed! 🚀

• Cathy Fanning

Hi @Andrew Lapidus Appreciate the feedback. Glad you think the template would be useful.

Regards

Cathy Fanning

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,307 Community Admin

Hey @Cathy Fanning,

Just wanted to thank you for sharing this template. I really appreciate the simple and straight-to-the-point way in which you've explained the structure.

It's so easy to overcomplicate things that we don't need to, so I really enjoyed reading through this (and understanding it!).

Best,

Miša

• Cathy Fanning

Hi @Misa

Always a pleasure sharing insights and knowledge with the community. 😀

Regards

Cathy Fanning