[CURRENT BUG] Why can't attachments can't be opend when imported from Trello? (Error)

John Peffeköver
John Peffeköver EN Basic Posts: 4 Beginner
edited May 2023 in Ask the Community

I am thinking about using TaskMaster instead of Trello.

After importing a project directly from Trello, all my attachments (pdf, png, other images / pictures) can not be opened.

When trying to open pictures the error says:

"Beim Laden der Anhangsvorschau ist ein Fehler aufgetreten." which mean error while loading the attachment preview.

When trying to open pdfs the error says:

"Ihr Browser unterstützt keine PDF-Dateien." which means the browser doesn't support pdf files.

The problem is only related to the imported files. I can put any file I want in the same project and everything works just fine. I can even download the imported attachments an re-add them to cards and then they work just fine.

The problem occures on Win 10 with Chrome and Firfox. But with only the imported files being problamatic, I would assume this is more of a MeisterTask or Settings problem.

Has anyone had the same problem?

I am happy to answer questions and support whoever might be able to help.

Grettings

John

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,307 Community Admin
    edited September 2023 Answer ✓

UPDATE 18.09

Hi all,

It appears Trello has changed something about how they are exporting their data, meaning that we need some time to investigate these changes and work out if we can "fix" it from our side.

Our team is small in comparison to Trello, but we will continue to investigate and see what we can do.

We're grateful for your patience and understanding!

Best,

Answers

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,307 Community Admin

Hey @john,

I'm sorry about this! Imported attachments and pdfs should open when in MeisterTask. I've tested it and it works for me.

This could be a bug. I'm looking into it with our devs - I'll let you know as soon as I have more info!

Best,

Miša

• Miša Hennin

Hi @John Peffeköver,

Does this happen with all PDFs and attachments?

There are size and image resolution restrictions with the import. Maybe the files you're trying to open are too big or of too high a resolution. Is this possible?

Could you test it with a small image imported from Trello?

Best,

Miša

• John Peffeköver

Hi Misa,

I tried again with a pdf Size 723kb and a pgn File Size 4.02kb. The problem still occures.

Cheers

John

• Miša Hennin

Hi @John Peffeköver,

Thanks for trying!

We are going to investigate 💪. Could you grant us support access to your account? To do this: head over to your policies section in your accounts area (follow this link) to access this section directly and grant our team Support Access.

Could you also please share with me via DM some examples of the PDFs and attachments you have in Trello and cannot open in MeisterTask? Our team will then try to replicate the behaviour and see what's going wrong.

Best,

Miša

• John Peffeköver
    edited May 2023

Hi Misa,

I have sent you the information and granted the access.

Cheers

John

• Andrew Lapidus
    Andrew Lapidus Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,007 Community Admin

Hi @John Peffeköver - our developers have been able to reproduce the issue and have discovered the source — it seems that the Trello attachments are not copied over during the duplication process.

I don't have a timeframe yet on the fix, but I'll keep this thread updated with more information as it becomes available. Sorry for the frustration here and thanks for your patience!

Best,

Andrew

• John Peffeköver

Hi Andrew,

thanks for the update. Looking forward to a solution.

Cheers

John

• Andreas Rehr
    Andreas Rehr DE Business Posts: 6 Beginner
    edited September 2023

Hello,

I had exactly the problem described here on my iPad on which I attached a PDF to a task. I couldn't view or download the file.

On the iPhone, the file appeared after downloading.

On the iPad, I was only able to solve the problem after uninstalling and reinstalling the Meistertask app.

However, this always happens when I add an attachment. It cannot be displayed afterwards. Whether on iPad or iPhone. So I guess it's a new bug...

Or is there a solution I'm overlooking?

Now the last post here is from May and meanwhile we have September.

Is there still no solution?

VG
    Andreas

• Miša Hennin

Hi @Andreas,

I'm sorry about this! I've just reached out to the devs for an update. I'll share my findings here.

Best,

Miša