Expand The Notes feature in MindMeister

Options

When I'm using MindMesiter to create any written assignment, it would be a much eaiser process to compose my work if the 'Notes' function could be similar to using a word processor.

Can I request that the Notes feature be expanded, so the user can create a larger body of text, with more formatting features, and the possibility to include images, graphs or media within the same space.

Tagged:
4 votes

Open for voting · Last Updated

Comments

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,354 Community Admin
    Options

Hey - @Marco Manelli I thought you might want to upvote this feature request as you mentioned a similar issue last week!

Best,

Miša

• Richard Vitaris
    Richard Vitaris EN Basic Posts: 46 Star Contributor
    Options

I can understand why you might like to see more word processing type features in notes but remember that a note is just that, a note, not a document. You can always create a document in Word, Pages, or whatever word processor you choose and then attach a link to that document in MindMeister so you can open it up quickly to view or edit. That gives you more editing features than MindMeister ever will even if they do add some additional editing features.

• Gerald Stowers
    Gerald Stowers EN Basic Posts: 12 Beginner
    Options

I agree, better notes would make Meister significantly better. Basic formatting, larger / adjustable window, and pasting images are all pretty basic features. I would also like an easier way to access notes, currently it takes multiple clicks. And a way to have the notes window remain open.

I am used to MindManager, and it does notes very well. The notes were rich text and you could paste formatted text and images into it. It was also a panel that you could choose to leave open so when you clicked on a node you could see the note without any additional clicking. But if it was closed, a single click got to the notes.

• the akh
    the akh DE Basic Posts: 4 Beginner
    Options

It is very hard to get an overview of a longer note. It should be possible to enlarge the note, so to see many more line of text!

• Andrew Lapidus
    Andrew Lapidus Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,007 Community Admin
    edited July 2023
    Options

Might also help to simply zoom out in your browser? On Mac this is command and + or -

• JanE
    JanE EN Basic Posts: 1 New Here
    edited July 2023
    Options

We have the same problem. The notes should open longer view if a long note.

• the akh
    the akh DE Basic Posts: 4 Beginner
    Options

I would already be happy if I could simply enlarge the note. Right now I only got seven lines of 32 lettres or so… Something like the UI of the textedit.app in macOS would help me a lot, ie only thext is sufficient. (I'd only like to increase the line spacing by a bit.)