💌 Feedback Wanted: What Do You Want to See in the Community?

Miša Hennin
Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,307 Community Admin
edited January 2023 in Community Café

Hello Community Members! 👋

If you're reading this, you've been granted an early invitation to the Meister Community - congratulations! 🥳:🎉 🎊

As a pioneer member, you've got the chance to shape this space from the ground up. So we'd like to ask you all: What would you like to get out of this community?

You'll find a poll below with some suggestions, but feel free to let us know in the comments as well!

Thanks,

Miša

? Feedback Wanted: What Do You Want to See in the Community? 17 votes

Network with other Users
29% 5 votes
Shape Product Roadmaps/Submit Feature Ideas
41% 7 votes
Download Project/Mind Map Templates
0% 0 votes
Find Best Practices
23% 4 votes
Get Answers to Support Questions
5% 1 vote

Comments

• Dieter Hofer
    Dieter Hofer DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 35 Star Contributor

I´d like to choose 2 options, but ok😃

Dieter Klaus Hofer

A-4614 Marchtrenk

https://dieter-hofer.com/software-meister/

• Andrew Lapidus
    Andrew Lapidus Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,007 Community Admin

😂 Agreed @Dieter Hofer , this "Poll" option is a little bit less than ideal. Feel free to leave your responses as a comment instead 😀

• Tatiana Torres
    Tatiana Torres International Partner, EN Business Posts: 28 Star Contributor

We are from all over the world so will be cool to create collaborative content maybe someone needs a topic or work on a project we can help. The networking option is great!

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,307 Community Admin

@Tatiana Torres Great idea! Thanks - I'll put this into my notes and see if I can work something out along those lines. Thank you!

@Dieter Hofer Hey! Please let us know what your favorite options are - we'd love to hear more about what the Community users want! :)

• Vivek Khandelwal
    Vivek Khandelwal EN Basic, International Partner Posts: 13 Beginner

Hi Misa and Andrew...appreciate all the work that you and the other teammates have been putting up. I also feel that the options in the votes could be more than 1 option and thus if I would have had a check box option...I would have selected accordingly.

Cheers

Vivek

Connect with me here: https://www.linkedin.com/in/vkhandelwal/

• Miša Hennin

Hey @Vivek Khandelwal it's nice to meet you! Yes, agreed that it would be useful if you could select more than 1 option. But don't worry - feel free to share all of your thoughts in the comments and we will collect them and take them on board. Looking forward to your feedback ☺️!

• Vivek Khandelwal

Thanks, Misa. Here are some of my other views:

👉🏼 How can we make the new mind mapping better - I still feel that legacy was much better

👉🏼 Networking and working with others is always helpful

👉🏼 I would love to Download Project/Mind Map Templates

👉🏼 I would love to know more about discovering some of the Best Practices

👉🏼 Is there any India chapter that I can contribute to? Would Meister be interested in opening country chapters

👉🏼 We can also launch a video section...if you think it can add value by virtue of showcasing the work we have done or we could even brainstorm further on that

Will keep adding 🤝

Cheers

Vivek

• Miša Hennin

Hey @Vivek Khandelwal thanks for your brilliant ideas!

For points 1 and 2: I'd say that these are interesting points and would be good discussions to have in the Community with other users.

For point 3: So far, we are slowly building up a selection of resources (templates) in our MindMeister and MeisterTask Get Inspired categories. Here we share mind maps and project boards made by our fantastic team - we also share links to copy the mind maps or import the project boards and highlights about the best features. We encourage all of our users to share their own templates and a few already have!

For point 4: In these same categories, we've started our MeisterHacks which are tips, tricks and best practices to get the most out of the tools. You can find these by searching MeisterHacks in the search bar.

We've also started sharing separate best practices which link to articles in our Help Centers: Timeline, Custom Fields. Please feel free to add your own as well!

For point 5: For now we’re interested in seeing how the Community grows organically, but we’d love to see how our user base can grow and create language-based groups in the future!

For point 6: This is such a fantastic suggestion thank you so much! I think we can integrate the videos into the Get Inspired sections linked above. For example, we could create a post in those categories with a title which indicates what the video content showcases, and then in the main body simply embed or link the video showcasing the tool. This would act as incredibly visual inspiration for other users (and us at Meister!)

I hope I've addressed some of your thoughts here but please feel free to continue this interesting debate, both with me and @Andrew Lapidus, and with other users! Discussions like these are what will help our Community grow into something wonderful!

• Vivek Khandelwal

Hey Misa...Glad to know that the thoughts have resonated well with you!

Cheers

Vivek

• Miša Hennin

Hi @Olaf Roeb it's a pleasure to meet you and thank you for such a thoughtful and insightful contribution!

We definitely aim to provide a little bit of everything above, while also creating a strong space for networking with other users.

In terms of templates I think that's a fantastic idea. New users would certainly find it easier to get stuck in if we offered a library of ready made, ready-to-go templates for a variety of problems. At the moment, we have the categories I described to @Vivek Khandelwal above. You can also find these by searching 'Templates' in the search bar. However, they are more in-depth explorations of expert templates rather than basic templates that are easier to start with.

You could also search 'Template of the Month' - this series includes more simple templates for more common use cases than our Get Inspired series. These templates are taken from our MindMeister website where you can find a huge range of different mind maps - it's definitely worth checking out!

Unfortunately, for MeisterTask and MeisterNote our options are currently more limited. We hope that we will be able to share templates for these tools in a more effective way in the near future, but at the moment it's a bit difficult. Despite this, I have been sharing in-depth posts on project boards which you're more than welcome to look at (several users have shared their own). In MeisterTask it's possible to share a file that others can import; however, as external sharing isn't possible, the 'template' function in MeisterNote doesn't allow me to share our templates with our users. As an alternative, I can create posts with screenshots of MN templates and explanations of interesting features to help inspire you and other new users. Would this be of interest to you or is this useless without the option for you to import the template I'm showcasing yourself?

Finally, thanks for the great idea about a post on how to use the search function! I have put it on my list of tasks and will get around to it asap. Your idea for the hashtag/ filter poll is also great. I'll have a chat with @Andrew Lapidus about this today.

Thanks again! And I'm looking forward to hearing your ideas 😃

• Vivek Khandelwal

Hey @Olaf Roeb Glad that my thoughts have resonated well with you. Welcome to the community and looking forward to learning and building together 🤝

Cheers

Vivek

• Olaf Roeb
    Olaf Roeb EN Basic, MT Tester Posts: 121 Star Contributor

A pleasure to meet you too, @Miša and @Vivek Khandelwal, and everybody! And yes, Vivek, learning and building together would be a great if unofficial Mission statement for me, too, thank you for that. Since MeisterLab's tools, especially Mind and Note, are unspecific about the content and form of thinking, mind browsing, learning, and communicating/ collaborating, in the medium and long run of this young forum, I expect to find a very heterogeneous, diverse, multi-cultural community. (Multi-Kulti ist ja schon zwischen Deutschen und ÖsterreicherInnen spannend, schon vor der Bier-Gastro contra Heuriger-Diskussion, und sogar nüchtern🤣. Translate that, google! 😀)This sure will be fascinating in itself and a very private, not only business-related sense. As well as educative in each of our very specialized, topic-, value-, and branch-customized forms of interpretation of use and future development. Looking forward to that and seeing much more of you and everybody here in a very happy-to-be-part-of-it mood!

• JoiedeVivre
    JoiedeVivre EN Basic Posts: 65 Star Contributor

Great thread! +1 on a video section, or some other way to showcase user tours of mind maps!

• JoiedeVivre
    JoiedeVivre EN Basic Posts: 65 Star Contributor

Great thread! +1 on a video section, or some other way to showcase user tours of mind maps! I would be interested in narrating my maps, if this is an option.