Add a reminder to a mindmap topic

Michael Heil
Michael Heil DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 86 Star Contributor

I think it would be great to be able to assign a reminder to a mindmap topic with a rightclick. Sometimes you don't want to create an extra MeisterTask item, but it still would be great to get a reminder from the mindmeistermap with a link to that mindmap Topic, just you don't forget about it. Possible? Just like the reminders in Outlook or so...

Michael Heil

eBusiness-KompetenzZentrum gUG (haftungsbeschränkt)

m.heil@ebz-kl.de

www.ebz-kl.de

6 votes

Open for voting · Last Updated

Comments

• Emily
    Emily EN Pro Posts: 132 Star Contributor

I agree here - sometimes I just want to schedule a quick "to-do" without going through the trouble of creating a full task.

• Olaf Roeb
    Olaf Roeb EN Basic, MT Tester Posts: 121 Star Contributor
    • Support that.
    • If it has a reminder, is'nt it a task by definition?
    • Being new and not very firm in MeisterTask yet, is there an area for tasks unrelated to user-created MT-projects? Like a general, misc. errand list where all the unspecified tasks with either a deadline or such a reminder @Emily and @Michael Heil asked for could would be listed, could maybe be grouped by map or date, and/or maybe even manually either single/bulk-deleted or single/bulk-qualified into existing projects?
  • Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,307 Community Admin

Hi @Olaf Roeb, good question. There are a few ways you can gain an overview of tasks assigned to you without being in a project board.

1. Agenda. Agenda is an individualized private dashboard which allows you to keep track of tasks from many different projects in one centralized place. You can customize your Agenda by adding sections that suit you, and you can pin tasks from any project to these sections. You can find another tip here.
    2. My Tasks widget. You can access this from your Dashboard. The widget shows all tasks which have been assigned to you from all projects you're part of. It also includes a personal checklist to which you can add any items you need to remember and complete. You can customize the widget further by sorting your assigned tasks by Due DateName or Project.

I hope this answers your question!