How can I change the order of topics in ppt or pdf exports?

kimukimu
kimukimu EN Basic Posts: 6 New Here
edited October 2022 in Ask the Community

English Translation:

When I output to PowerPoint or PDF, the text is in a different order than I intended.

How can I get the text strings to be in the order I intended?

Thank you in advance.

Original Text:

たくさんの質問をさせてくれてありがとうございます。

パワーポイントやPDFに出力すると、意図した順番とは異なるテキスト順になってしまいます。

自分が考えた通りの順番に文字列が揃うにはどうしたらよいでしょうか?

よろしくお願いします。

Best Answer

• Andrew Lapidus
    Andrew Lapidus Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,007 Community Admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @kimukimu ! Welcome to the Community! I've just heard from another user who is experiencing a similar issue when exporting to Microsoft Word and using the "org chart" format. The text outline is being produced "right to left" instead of left to right. I can confirm that this is an active bug we are working on, it should be fixed soon!

Tell me, does this sound like the error you're experiencing? Does this only occur with an "org chart" mind map? Or also with a regularly aligned mind map?

-Andrew

Answers

• Olaf Roeb
    Olaf Roeb EN Basic, MT Tester Posts: 121 Star Contributor

Hi @kimukimu , Hi @Andrew Lapidus

I was experimenting with the outliner this morning in order to create google-translated lists and reimport them: Same results, not surprising, as kimunikus exports:

Outlined Map:

Mindmeister obviously outlines the left side top down, then right side top down, while I would like to read in clock order right top-down, then left bottom-up:

I also tried copying all ideas directly from the map with ctrl+A, into an external editor, (here a screenshot from google translate's input side)and got the same order:

My map URL (shared) is: https://mm.tt/map/2471596586?t=Ijb4dgJr7Q

I suspect solving @kimukimu 's problem should solve mine, too. On my side, this is neither urgent nor critical.

Have a good day, everybody!😉

• Andrew Lapidus
    Andrew Lapidus Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,007 Community Admin

@Olaf Roeb Thanks a ton for taking a closer look and testing here! Interesting to get your impressions for your instincts about the order in which mind map topics should be sorted. For me, I generally would imagine the outline would work as it does automatically in MindMeister (top-left -> down, then top-right->down). BUT -> your mind map clearly shows a flow chart from 1 to 6, and this doesn't make a ton of sense for your use case. I really hope that our devs can implement a little bit more granularity in this feature, to allow for more customization in an outline!

Btw - our developers have actually recently taken a look at this and implemented a fix for the issue I mentioned above with "org charts" - these should now be outlined in the "left to right" order.

• Olaf Roeb
    Olaf Roeb EN Basic, MT Tester Posts: 121 Star Contributor

@Andrew Lapidus Please don't feel in any way obliged to make me happy; I should rather apologize for thinking aloud. My use-case of reading and thus creating mind-maps clockwise might just be a habit of using MindManager, whose order mode, if not changed manually, keeps the daughter ideas of the center topic in the order of the time of generating them. While Panda seems to need geographic orientation for optimal choice and effect of themes.

And themes are one of only 2 top-level reasons I am leaving MindManager behind and throwing all energy into Meister. Because the mental effect of beautiful and easy-to-generate maps is: Pure love of the game -> Intrinsic motivation as intrinsic can be. The other top-level reason is your Frankfurt-based rules of data security and protection, and it comes second to motivation significantly.

I can certainly change thinking into the Meister way of order of ideas, and my use case might still apply visually - export is a rare case anyway.