Why can guests search an ENTIRE project?

moazbasha
moazbasha EN Basic Posts: 10 Beginner
edited February 2023 in Ask the Community

At this time Guests can search on ENTIRE project although he is not on Watching list or the task is NOT assigned to him

I think that is WRONG

Tagged:

Answers

• Andrew Lapidus
    Andrew Lapidus Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,007 Community Admin

Hi Moazbasha, our team wasn't able to reproduce this issue on Android, iOS or the web app. Can you confirm that the the user trying to access the task isn't a watcher or assignee of the task? And that you are trying to access the task from that user's account?

• moazbasha
    edited October 2022

As Attachment on my post

When you add user to project as GEUST

If he tries to make some search, he can find any task in this project Although he is not on Watching List

He can't access to this task, but he can see task title, description, tags, ......

• Andrew Lapidus

Hi @moazbasha - I just talked to our team: it sounds like this project might be a team project instead of a private project. You can find out more about the difference here.

To change a team project to a private project:

1. Click the project name at the top of your project board.
    2. Select Project settings from the drop-down menu.
    3. Click the ellipsis (...) in the top-right corner of the project settings window.
    4. Select Convert to Private Project from the drop-down menu.
    5. Click Convert to confirm your choice.

Let me know if this solves your issue!

Best,

Andrew

• moazbasha
    edited October 2022

All my projects are PRIVATE

• moazbasha
  • Andrew Lapidus

Hi @moazbasha - I've forwarded your request to our support team, who will take a closer look at your account in more detail. This is certainly not expected behavior. You should receive an e-mail from a support agent who will help solve this issue ASAP!