How can I integrate tables in my notes

Robert Marx
Robert Marx DE Basic Posts: 6 Beginner
edited March 26 in Ask the Community

Hi at all,

I like to use MeisterNote with my team to share and work on competency grids (Kompetenzrater) and that´s why I need to integrate or import tables from Microsoft word or OneNote in my Notes. The tables from word are integrated only as text and from oneNote I get it as a .png picture and can´t work with it.

Is this possible to integrate tables from other programs or how can I create new tables on my own? Can´t find it till now.

Thanks in advance,

Robert

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,307 Community Admin
    Answer ✓

Hey @RupertMx,

Welcome to the Community!

Good news - tables are on our roadmap! You can follow this post for any updates on the timeline etc.

At the moment, it's possible to embed tables from Google Sheets into MeisterNote. Maybe this will work as a temporary alternative for you before it's possible to make tables in MeisterNote? You can find more info on embedding here.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any more questions.

Best,

Miša

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,307 Community Admin
    Answer ✓

Hey! I also can't wait for them 😭! But embedding is an alright solution in the meantime. If you're struggling with getting to grips with it, let me know and I'll try my best to help!

Best,

Answers

• Robert Marx

Hey Miša,

thank you for your answer! :-)

I´m really looking forward to this integration and try if I can handle the embedding way till then.

Thanks again,

Robert

• Robert Marx

Ok @Miša,

tried it out the way it is explained with a google doc and ... I can see the document in my MeisterNote notice, but I can´t work with it, can´t change it.

Is there a solution for that or is it just a "mirror" to show the document this way?

Thanks again,

Robert

• Miša Hennin

Hey Robert!

😥 I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news. You're right, you won't be able to input any new info into your Google Sheets table in MeisterNote. With the embedded table, you can scroll through it to browse the data but you can't change it.

Any changes you make in the Google Sheet should be instantly reflected in the table in MeisterNote (which is at least one good thing!)

I'm sorry about this!

• Robert Marx

Hey Miša,

well, good for me, that it is not my fault and I‘m too dumb to do it. 😅👍

Bad for me, that I can‘t actually use MeisterNote as I need it.

And bad for you, that I only can start with the pro Version and my team, when the tables are available.

—> I hope the last two things will be fixed soon. 😅👍

Thanks for caring! I‘m really looking forward to it! 😊👍

Robert

• Miša Hennin

Haha, it's always a relief when you find out something isn't possible for all users 😄!

I really hope so too! If I get any updates I'll be sure to let you know. And you know where to find us with any other queries.

Have a great weekend!

Miša