[RESOLVED] Mind map exports to Word (.docx) can't be opened on Windows

qmusrussell1
qmusrussell1 EN Basic Posts: 6 Beginner
edited November 2022 in Ask the Community

Hi,

When I export a mind map as a Word document, selecting all checkboxes, the resulting .docx file seems to be corrupted. If I attempt to open the document I get the error:

"We're sorry. We cant open document1.docx because we found a problem with its contents."

Anyone come across this? I cant find anywhere to report this as a potential problem with MindMeister.

Thanks

Stuart

Best Answer

• Andrew Lapidus
    Andrew Lapidus Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,007 Community Admin
    edited October 2022 Answer ✓

Hi Stuart - I've confirmed with our developers that you've discovered an active bug. It seems that this is only an issue on Windows machines, and with most all versions of Word. I've gone ahead and edited the title of this thread to make it more findable for other users.

I'm glad to hear that the doc is opening in Office 365 - I hope that can act as a workaround in the meantime. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Our developers are on it and will jump in to implement a fix ASAP! I'll keep you updated with the progress here.

-Andrew

Answers

• Andrew Lapidus

Hi @qmusrussell1, sorry for this - it sounds frustrating. I wasn't able to immediately duplicate the issue on my end - could you let me know what operating system you are using, and which version of Microsoft Word you're using?

Best,

Andrew

• qmusrussell1

Hi,

We are using Microsoft Word 2016 (16.0.5227.100) on our network and Microsoft Word 2016 (16.0.5365.100) on my laptop, the same happens with both.

This is something that used to work ok for us.

Thanks

Stuart

• Andrew Lapidus

Thanks @qmusrussell1, last question: are you using MacOS or Windows?

• qmusrussell1

Windows

Thanks!

Stuart

• qmusrussell1

In addition, the generated word document will open in Office 365, but not the desktop versions!

Stuart

• qmusrussell1

Great thanks!

Stuart

• Andrew Lapidus

Hi Stuart, just got word from our developers that this bug has been fixed - can you confirm?

-Andrew

• qmusrussell1

Hi Andrew,

Yes it seems to be working fine now, thanks for the quick fix!

Stuart