Allow file names that differ from the Central idea name

Currently, map file names are whatever appears as the central idea of the map. Sometimes, however you might want to have a different file names, such as where you have a few versions of the same map.

8 votes

Open for voting · Last Updated

Comments

• JoiedeVivre
    JoiedeVivre EN Basic Posts: 65 Star Contributor

Agreed - I assumed this would be possible by editing the "Information" window for the mind map, but this also affects the central topic.

• Andrew Lapidus
    Andrew Lapidus Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,007 Community Admin

Hi all - thanks for sharing this idea! I definitely understand your use case: currently the "Title" of a mind map in the MindMeister map listing is identical to the central topic of the map. If you have multiple mind maps with the same central theme, this can get confusing. I've just talked to our devs about this and will keep you updated here.

One suggestion in the meantime would be to add an additional folder structure for your mind maps to keep similar maps separate - although of course this can be a bit of a burden and is not a lasting solution.

• DWarren
    DWarren EN Basic Posts: 3 New Here

This is such an important feature 😆

There are lots of instances where I'm scenario modelling, and have multiple very similar maps with the same central topic.

Navigating them becomes impossible and very frustrating.

And that's just me. There's no way we can adopt this as an organisation without being able to name our maps. Table stakes! 😄