How to provided a descriptive name for an attached URL?

Randy Forbes
Randy Forbes EN Basic Posts: 3 Beginner
edited February 2023 in Ask the Community

I'm a software engineer and use MindMeister for my studies. I work with numerous technologies and languages. Some of my mind maps can get rather large, so I break them down by topic.

If I right-click on any node in a map, I have the option "Create as Map." This creates a new map, and the "attachment" is the name of the new map (e.g., My New Map). However, if I have an existing map and attach it doesn't bring in the name of that map (e.g., My Existing Map). What I get is "Sin Up | Mindmeis..."

Is there

1. A better way to link to an existing map?
  2. A way to name a URL similarly as you would in a typical editor?

Thank you

Best Answer

• Randy Forbes
    edited November 2022 Answer ✓

I might have found a simple way using Markdown: [my_link_name](HTTP://my_link_url)

Still curious in others insights

Answers

• JoiedeVivre
    JoiedeVivre EN Basic Posts: 65 Star Contributor

Was just about to suggest this - you can use markdown in any mind map topic. Curious as to why you get sent to a sign up flow when linking to another mind map though - linking between maps is a pretty integral part of my workflow.

• Randy Forbes
    edited November 2022

@JoiedeVivre

Thank you for your reply. I've attached a video walking through it. I hope you will find that helpful.

• JoiedeVivre
    JoiedeVivre EN Basic Posts: 65 Star Contributor

Wow - thanks a ton for this! I actually didn't know there was an ability to turn nodes and sub-nodes into separate mind maps! I do think I prefer using markdown to more clearly link a node to another map - the attachment symbol is pretty easily overlooked imho.