How Can I Print a Wall Size Map?

HyperActiveMindMaps
HyperActiveMindMaps EN Basic Posts: 2 New Here
edited November 2022 in Ask the Community

I want to create a mindmap scaling to 8 feet tall and likely 20 feet long.

Anyone know how to scale the map so I can be sure everything fits?

I assume I can export as pdf

Best Answers

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,306 Community Admin
    Answer ✓

Hey @HyperActiveMindMaps!

That sounds great. I had a chat with our Design team and they said that a professional printers will scale and print it for you without a problem.

Hope this helps!

Best,

Miša

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,306 Community Admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @Jörg Koper!

Good point! I spoke to our Design team and they confirmed that if you export as PDF, the mind map won't pixelate - it’s all still open text and vector lines. This means you can blow up the PDF endlessly and it won't pixelate, so this should work for @HyperActiveMindMaps' use case.

If you have a background in design, another idea would be to export the mind map as PDF and then import that PDF into your design software and do any touch ups there.

Image files (JPG, PNG) would pixelate if printed on larger scales.

I hope this helps!

Answers

• Miša Hennin

Hey, welcome to the Community 👋!

Wow, your project sounds so interesting, I’d love to hear what you’re going to use the wall size map for 😄!

Providing you are on a paid plan, you can definitely export and print your mind map yes.

For scaling it, I think I need some more information. How are you planning to print the map? Will it be in individual pieces of paper which you stick together or what do you imagine?

• HyperActiveMindMaps
    HyperActiveMindMaps EN Basic Posts: 2 New Here

I wanted to use a service that prints the whole thing in banner sizes.

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 1,359 Community Leader

Hi @HyperActiveMindMaps 👋🙂

I think, I know what you're question is about. To scale the size of your mindmaps up is not a problem at all. But to be honest, you won't get a high quality result, when you scale the mindmap up to this large size.

The lines, especially the oblique ones, will appear pixelated because they are not vectors. The fonts will also appear pixelated because they have not been converted into paths.

Maybe @Miša can ask the development team if an export as .eps file is feasable 🙃 In this case you could edit the mindmap without any loss in Adobe Illustrator or a comparable program.

Best regards

Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 1,359 Community Leader
    edited November 2022

Cool @Miša, I didn't consider the import of PDFs in Illustrator 😅

In this case, all @HyperActiveMindMaps has to do is, to import the PDF in Illustrator, maybe to make any final additions and then to export the MindMap to the specified profile of the printing company (PDF/X-3 for example).

Always keep in mind, that fonts have to be converted into paths befor you export the file for printing companys 👍️

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.