Business-wide / Global checklists

Ulrica
Ulrica EN Basic Posts: 3 Beginner
edited November 2022 in MeisterTask Feature Board

It would be great to be able to define checklists that are available across all projects that a business team has. This will help standardise processes/tasks that are used in various projects,.

7 votes

Open for voting · Last Updated

Comments

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,343 Community Admin

Hey @Ulrica and welcome to the Community 👋!

I've thought of a potential work around you could try for this issue:

1. Open Project 1 and create Task 1.
    2. Load the checklist template you want to access in other projects in Task 1.
    3. Move Task 1 to Project 2.
    4. Open Task 1 in Project 2 - you will see the checklist template is there (from Project 1).
    5. Save that checklist as a checklist template in Project 2.

It might involve a few steps but I think it will save you time compared to typing out your full checklist and saving that.

Hope this helps!

Best,

Miša

• Ulrica

Hi Miša, thank you for the workaround idea! However, this would require that the person running project 2 has access to project 1. I thought of another workaround: We could make a template project with all sorts of checklists and then people create tasks there and move them. But is still a workaround and not really efficient. I am hoping that MeisterLabs will still consider introducing global checklists.

Kind regards

Ulrica

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,343 Community Admin

Hey! Yes that's a very good point (about the access), and I love your innovative solution! Having a project everybody has access to with all potential checklists temporarily solves both issues. You could also add tags to this central project as a workaround for global tags. This could definitely help in the meantime, although it's certainly not as efficient as having actual global checklists and global tags!

Best,

Miša

• JoiedeVivre
    JoiedeVivre EN Basic Posts: 65 Star Contributor

+1 for this idea and this solution! Would love to see global tags and checklists.

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business, EN Advocate Posts: 1,377 Community Leader
    edited November 2022

Hi @Ulrica 👋🙂

Your workaround is a great idea. If you use the mentioned collaborative project board, you can ideally work with automations.

All you have to do is, to create columns for your desired other projects and then to integrate the automation Move Task.

Every time a task with the desired checklist is ready to be moved into the other project, you only have to move it into the appropriate column...and voila, the task goes on his journey 😉

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business, EN Advocate Posts: 1,377 Community Leader

A further suggestion to my following comment:

"All you have to do is, to create columns for your desired other projects and then to integrate the automation Move Task."

You can of course integrate the additional automation "Add Checklist" as well. In this case the task is getting the desired predefined checklists before it is sent to the specific other project 😉

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

• Ulrica

Thank you for your tipps, but I have Meistertask because I want my team to work agile and independent from management oversight which includes setting up projects without my help. Therefore this workaround is a counterproductive to my objectives. I want people to set up projects on their own and to be able to help themselves from a global wealth of standardised processes in order to plan and if necessary modify tasks.

• Joerg Koper

Hi @Ulrica,

I do absolutely understand your point of view. On the other hand, I don't see any obstacles for the workaround you have in mind.

To set up a team board where your team members choose from the mentioned checklists and other specifications...and then "beam" the configured task card into their own project boards has only bean meant as a bridge as long as your feature idea has not been implemented in MeisterTask😉

Best, Jörg