💡 MeisterHacks: How To Enable Dark Mode (thanks @Eva Schindler)

Admin BSF.company
Admin BSF.company International Partner, MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 487 Community Leader
edited August 2023 in Get Inspired

Hi!

There's been some requests recently to get #DarkMode available as a native feature in the Meister Suite.

I want to share a great tip I got from @Eva Schindler to get this functionality when I told her how my eyes hurt after long periods working on MeisterNote's user interface.

The solution pointed by Eva was a web browser extension named Dark Reader, which is available for:

Below I leave you a couple of videos:

• The first one showing how it works
  • The next one shows how to install it

After enabling this #MeisterHack for myself, I got this upgraded experience:

MeisterTask:

MeisterNote:

MindMeister:

Community:

Eyes don't hurt anymore… Cool, huh?

I hope this helps to those of you with sensitive eyes 😎

Best regards and thanks @Miša for suggesting the creation of this thread 😉

Andrés D'Andrea

Follow me on LinkedIn and:

BSF.company - Digital Solutions For Your Business.

Technopreneuring.Com - Optimize Resources. Maximize Results.

GestionOperativa.Com - Optimiza Recursos. Maximiza Resultados.

Comments

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,307 Community Admin

Hey @Andres D'Andrea,

Thanks so much for sharing this - I think it's a really clever tip and hopefully more people will see it here 😀. I also just gave you the MeisterHacks badge 😉.

Best,

Miša

• Samuel Schläpfer
    Samuel Schläpfer MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 595 Community Leader

Hi @Andres D'Andrea and @Eva Schindler,

thanks for this Meister-Hack! I just tried it out and I love it!

Best, Samuel

The impossible does not exist! The solution has just not been found yet!

• Admin BSF.company
    Admin BSF.company International Partner, MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 487 Community Leader

I glad you liked it @Rooster McNugget and @Jörg Koper, the best thing for me is that it not only works in Meister.

Everything you open while you have it enabled gets styled for dark mode automatically, I think that's pretty cool! RAM consuming, but cool 😀

Thanks for the appreciation @Miša. #MeisterHacks is one of my favorite tags on this platform! You have shared several good ones as well ✅

Cheers

Follow me on LinkedIn and:

BSF.company - Digital Solutions For Your Business.

Technopreneuring.Com - Optimize Resources. Maximize Results.

GestionOperativa.Com - Optimiza Recursos. Maximiza Resultados.

• Samuel Schläpfer

Hi guys

I made the experience that Dark Reader didn't fit very well with my screen. So I tried dark mode - night eye for Google Chrome. I think, and this is my personal opinion, the contrast is a little better.

Or it's just my "old" screen.

Greets and have a good one!🖖

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 1,359 Community Leader

Hi Samuel,

I recommand to take a look at the data protection information of the extension. Just in case, you make use of it in your business environment 😉

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

• Samuel Schläpfer

Hi @Jörg Koper and thx for the hint. As I see (as a non professional IT-User) there are the same settings.

Is Dark Reader checked?

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 1,359 Community Leader

Hi Samuel,

Dark Reader is not collecting any data. But, as far as I can see, Dark-Mode-Night does.

Enjoy the sun, buddy 👋😉

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

• Samuel Schläpfer