Why does MeisterTask glitch and content disappear?

Lisa Lizotte
Lisa Lizotte EN Basic Posts: 2 Beginner
edited March 2023 in Ask the Community

MeisterTask keeps glitching on me after I type content. It will delete content I've typed in task cards in the description and task lists. It's very frustrating, and I've lost a lot of content I've spent a lot of time creating and organizing. I have the paid version and I'm very frustrated it keeps doing this. Any advice?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Admin BSF.company
    Admin BSF.company International Partner, MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 487 Community Leader
    Answer ✓

Thanks for your feedback Lisa 👋

Since the native app isn't available for the operating system I use everyday (hello devs! 😉), my prior comments are absolutely based on the web browser experience.

Anyway, I believe the principle remains, because these days most of "native" apps are just web views wrapped around a simplified branded web browser. I'm not sure if that's the case for MT.

Si, that being said, I'd try to facilitate any MeisterTask experience by ensuring enough RAM memory is available in my computer, for MeisterTask to work properly.

That's why I suggested to close unused web browser tabs, they eat a lot of memory in your computer, and leave nearly nothing for other programs to work with.

Software without RAM to operate behave erratically, like you described.

Give it a try, and let us know how it goes 👍

Best regards

Andres

Follow me on LinkedIn and:

BSF.company - Digital Solutions For Your Business.

Technopreneuring.Com - Optimize Resources. Maximize Results.

GestionOperativa.Com - Optimiza Recursos. Maximiza Resultados.

Answers

• Admin BSF.company
    Admin BSF.company International Partner, MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 487 Community Leader

Hello Lisa, welcome to the community.

Something similar happened to me a couple of months ago.

In my case, the problem resulted being that I had around 80 web browser tabs open in my computer at the time.

After I did the following, the issue went away:

- Close all unused web browser tabs

- Clear all cookies and cache from the web browser where I use MeisterTask

- Restart the computer

- Re login to MeisterTask

You could try that and let us know if that helps or nor in the comments below 👍

Best regards

Andrés D'Andrea

Follow me on LinkedIn and:

BSF.company - Digital Solutions For Your Business.

Technopreneuring.Com - Optimize Resources. Maximize Results.

GestionOperativa.Com - Optimiza Recursos. Maximiza Resultados.

• Lisa Lizotte
    Lisa Lizotte EN Basic Posts: 2 Beginner

I use the desktop version on my mac so I wouldn't think my browser would have an effect on the app. Would it be best just to use MeiterTask in the web browser to avoid the glitching?