☕️ MeisterTalk: How Much Is E-Mail Overload Costing You?

Options
Miša Hennin
Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,368 Community Admin
edited August 2023 in Tips and Templates

Hey, MeisterTask Community!

All over the professional world, people are talking about the mythical "Inbox Zero...", but why should we strive for this and how can we achieve it? If you don't yet know the risks of e-mail overload, keep reading - Today, we're going to show you how to calculate the cost of time spent e-mailing. Be warned...the result might terrify you!

The Formula

The Example

The Solution

Joe is just one employee affected by the curse of e-mail overload — bad enough, but what if your organization has 10 or even 100 employees? The amount of money spent on e-mailing will stack up rapidly. But, team leads, don't tear your hair out just yet - MeisterTask gives you a strong start to reducing e-mail overload. How? Here are some quick tips:

1. Encourage your team to communicate via comments in MeisterTask.
  2. @mention individuals or entire user groups to keep everyone in the loop.
  3. Integrate your e-mail with MeisterTask.
  4. Add all attachments directly to tasks.

If you're feeling brave, try out the formula! Don't forget to let me know what you think below 😃.

Best,

Miša

Comments

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business, EN Advocate Posts: 1,383 Community Leader
    Options

I can only underline your words @Miša Hennin 👏

We have implemented most of our contact forms into MeisterTask, communicate the issues in MeisterTask and avoid sending E-Mails for team communications.

I do like the formula. Maybe a bit shocking at first sight for some people, but it shows very effective the waste of time and money 😊

Thanks a lot for sharing, Miša.

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,368 Community Admin
    Options

Hey @Joerg Koper, thanks for your comment!

Agreed - the vast majority of communication can easily take place in MeisterTask. I do still use emails for certain things and there's nothing wrong with that! Here we're talking about that endless back and forth that just eats into the working day.

• Miša Hennin
    Options

To reduce email overload: