🧠 Project Board Template: Holiday Packing

Options
Miša Hennin
Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,377 Community Admin
edited August 2023 in Tips and Templates

Good afternoon, globe trotters!

@Anna Ksiezarczyk's trip planning board was met with such enthusiasm it got me thinking about how else MeisterTask could be used by city hoppers such as yourselves 🤩. So, here's a template that'll let you take the stress out of travelling just in time for the holiday season.

Structure

Let's take a look at the simple structure of this straightforward project board and touch on features where relevant.

With only three sections, this board aims to keep a potentially chaotic process clear. The first section is static - Tasks are completed within it rather than moved across the board. The last two sections function as a tiny kanban board - You can move tasks from left to right as you complete them.

All will become clear...By the end of this post, you'll know exactly how to create your own packing project board either from scratch or using the template.

⚠️ Before Leaving

This section includes tasks for things you should remember to do before heading out. Once you've finished a task, complete it and leave it in the first section.

Add tags to remind you when exactly each task needs to be completed. In the example below, you can see the tags "Many days before", "Day before" and "Day of". This serves as a quick reminder of where you should be in your preparations.

Plus, you can filter your entire project board by a single tag. For example, the day before travelling, filter by the Day before tag and you will only see immediately relevant tags.

✏️ Packing List

Each task in this section includes one or multiple checklists to help you remember everything. Adjust quantities and items before each holiday, and check items off the list as you pack. Move the entire task to the Packed section once you've tidied everything away safely in your case.

The DO NOT FORGET task is crucial because it's where you list your most important items. Having this task will encourage you to do a final check before you leave, and ensure you never experience a holiday horror story like landing in a foreign country without your credit card 😭!

Finally, in the Packing List section, add tags to suit your journey and the luggage you're taking. In this template, you can see two simple tags: "Backpack" and "Small case". Using these will help speed up the packing process because you know where it makes the most sense to pack different items.

✈️ Packed

Add an Update Status automation to this section so that tasks moved here are immediately completed. This will help you keep things clean, clear and tidy, which is important when you need to be organised 💪.

Explore this Board

If you'd like to explore this board yourself, please just comment below and I'll share it with you.

Let me know what you think in the comments!

Happy travels,

Miša

Comments

• Rooster McNugget
    Rooster McNugget MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 599 Community Leader
    Options

Hi @Miša Hennin

Thats a cool board. Thanks for sharing!

I specialy like the task "DO NOT FORGET". This would be one of the most important task for me! 🤣

Best Rooster

The impossible does not exist! The solution has just not been found yet!

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,377 Community Admin
    Options

You're welcome @Rooster McNugget - I can relate 😅!

• Paula Aliu
    Paula Aliu EN Basic, MT Tester Posts: 2 New Here
    edited June 2023
    Options

Hello @Miša Hennin could you please share this template?

• Miša Hennin
    Options

Hi @Paula Aliu - I just shared the project with you. Please check your emails for the invite.

Best,

• Emily
    Emily EN Pro Posts: 132 Star Contributor
    Options

This is so useful! Really glad I came across this before summer 😃

• Cathy Fanning
    Cathy Fanning International Partner, MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 163 Mastermind
    Options

Hi @Misa,

Excellent template!

Regards

Cathy Fanning

www.thetemporaryalternative.com.au