Smileys in the comments are not copy-ble

Options
Serkan Temel
Serkan Temel EN Basic Posts: 7 Beginner
edited June 2023 in MeisterTask Feature Board

Hi, we are saving texts for the communication with our clients.
We are giving the topic as a new task and write down the text in the comments. Then we are copy pasting those texts in certain cases.
The problem is meistertask/comment function you can ad smilys but when you copy the text, it doesnt copy the smilys for other programs. This is a problem in our case. Please can you change in your system that smilys are programmed as normal text? That would help us a lot.

Tagged:
2 votes

Open for voting · Last Updated

Comments

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,387 Community Admin
    Options

Hey @Serkan Temel - I never realised this! I checked now and see you're right - You have my vote.

• Serkan Temel
    Options

How long does it need to change if we put ideas in the system? If there is no reaction at all from Meistertask, what is the meaning of collecting such important ideas?? If there is no change, we need to find another solution to save our texts…

• Andrew Lapidus
    Andrew Lapidus Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,007 Community Admin
    Options

Hi @Serkan Temel — MeisterTask uses the Slack Emoji Syntax (emojis are entered using colons, as in: :smile:) Unfortunately, this syntax isn't instantly read by all word processing programs (e.g. Microsoft Word), which won't automatically convert emojis.

Sorry to disappoint regarding the timeline of implementing the feature — I've reached out again to our devs for perspective, but unfortunately, the MT team must always prioritize between many different requests, and sometimes what seems like an "easy fix" can require a surprising amount of development work.

Best,

Andrew

• Serkan Temel
    Options

😣 thats too bad. Ok, so we need to find another solution for that. As I know in Asana free version it is possible. My hope was, to work only with one mangement system. Anyway, thank you.