[RESOLVED] Connection error when logging in via the app (Macbook + Windows)

Options
Muhammad
Muhammad EN Basic Posts: 5 Beginner
edited August 2023 in Ask the Community

Hello, I ran into a problem logging in through the MeisterTask application for Windows 10 x 64, the problem is that when you try to log into your account, the "Check site connection security" window appears and nothing appears beyond this stage, it can stay in this state for a long time. But through a web browser (Google Chrome) I can log into my account. There are about 12 people in our enterprise who use the application, and three of them have this problem with logging in through the application, and others do not have this problem (They also use Windows 10 x 64). We tried different methods to fix this problem (Reinstalling the application, installing a different version of the program, we use version 3.0.6 and 2.32). Please help me to solve this problem.

Best Answer

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,401 Community Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi all,

The devs have just informed me that they have implemented a fix. Please can somebody confirm this for me?

If you're still facing the same issue, please also let me know so we can further investigate.

Best,

Miša

Answers

• Mehman.i@cyberpoint.az
    Mehman.i@cyberpoint.az EN Basic Posts: 2 Beginner
    edited August 2023
    Options

Hi, I bought Meistertask app pro version from your website for my MacBook. I can installed setup successfully, but when I was opened the app and try to login as you can see appear the error bug message. What is solution?

Note: My network is ok

• Andrew Lapidus
    Andrew Lapidus Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,007 Community Admin
    edited August 2023
    Options

HI @Mehman.i@cyberpoint.az … taking a look. In the meantime, are you able to login and access MeisterTask normally on the web app at meistertask.com?

• Mehman.i@cyberpoint.az
    Mehman.i@cyberpoint.az EN Basic Posts: 2 Beginner
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Yes, I can log in through the web browser

• Muhammad
    Options
    Note: There are no problems with the network, there is a tracing to the site, I also tried it via VPN, which was also unsuccessful.

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,401 Community Admin
    Options

Hi @Muhammad,

I'm investigating this for you now. Could you please share a screenshot of the error message you're getting? This will help us identify what's blocking the connections (Windows, Cloudflare, Firewall, etc.).

Thanks!

Miša

• Muhammad
    Options

Hello @Miša Hennin!

Here are two screenshots, on the 2nd screenshot a window appears about "checking the security of connecting to the site" and does not advance further than this stage. I didn't get any error notification.

• Muhammad
    edited June 2023
    Options

@Miša Hennin I also provide a screenshot of the trace from a PC on which MeisterTask does not work through the Windows application to the site "accounts.meister.co" (by IP address 104.18.6.112)

• Muhammad
    Options
  • Miša Hennin
    Options

Hi @Muhammad,

Thanks for all the info above - It was really useful!

It seems cloudflare is blocking access. Our dev team is looking into a fix.

I'll add any updates to this thread.

Thanks!

Miša

• Miša Hennin
    edited August 2023
    Options

Hi @Mehman.i@cyberpoint.az,

Thanks for the info - This might be related to another issue we're seeing with users logging in to the Android app.

Our devs are looking into it. I will update this thread when I find out anything new.

In the meantime, please continue using the web browser.

Best,

Miša

• M Sadad
    M Sadad EN Basic Posts: 2 Beginner
    edited August 2023
    Options

Hi, this is problem on meistertask for macbook app.. I can't login there, but i can login on my browser. Can you help me?

• Zwivhu
    Zwivhu EN Basic Posts: 1 New Here
    edited August 2023
    Options

Hi, I have been trying to login to the windows app with no luck.
    Kindly please see attached screenshot and assist.

• Miša Hennin
    edited August 2023
    Options

Hi @M Sadad and @Zwivhu,

Thanks for the info. I've passed your details onto our devs so they can look into this for you. I'll update this thread with anything I learn.

In the meantime, please continue to use MeisterTask in your browsers.

Best,

Miša

• Noorul Haque
    Noorul Haque EN Basic Posts: 1 New Here
    edited August 2023
    Options

Hi,

I am using Meistertask from the windows application. Recently, after logging out, I am unable to log in again. However, I can log in from the browser with no issues. May I know, How can I resolve it?

• Miša Hennin
    edited August 2023
    Options

Hi all,

To investigate this further, it'd be great if you could DM me the Ray ID?

Best

• JGunawardena
    JGunawardena EN Pro Posts: 1 New Here
    Options

Ive been trying to login to the meisterTask app on my macbook but i am unable to, a window saying "Checking if the site connection is secure" keeps loading. I can sign in on the web but it would be so much more convenient to use the app.

Ive tried everything; - turning my wifi off then on, restarting the app, restarting my computer, deleting and reinstalling the app

It still wont work