[In Development] Publish note as a book

Dan Deancook
Dan Deancook EN Basic Posts: 4 Beginner
edited September 2 in MeisterTask Feature Board

Presently notes can be shared between users of MeisterNote but it's interesting if a note (actually a book with lots of pages) can be published as a book, a manual to certain URL; can be good for making documentations too.

7 votes

In Development · Last Updated

Comments

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 1,469 Community Leader
    edited June 2023

Hey Dan 👋🙂

You mean the export as a book that you can turn the pages of online? You may try out to create a presentation from your note and to share the link of it with invited. This way you create nice "magazines" from documentations with page turning effect. This solution would be even better with a further rights setting for "only presentation view" I guess 😉

You nevertheless have my vote.

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

• Dan Deancook
    edited June 2023

That presentation mode is interesting, for showing in team, or to guests. However, the case I mentioned is slightly different.

For example, an open-source project has a documentation (coding manual), and it should be published to the web so not just the people inside the team & people invited thru' email can access, everybody can be able to access that documentation too.

And possibly, instead of a single page, the left panel for navigation should be there to let visitors browse through the whole doc, in view-only mode.

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 1,469 Community Leader

Cool idea and example, Dan 👍️
    Totally agree, that we need a public share feature for such cases with the corresponding rights management.

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

• Cornelia Patscheider
    Cornelia Patscheider Admin, Moderator, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,018 Community Admin

Hi all 👋,

This feature idea has taken the next step and is now under consideration! 🚀

💡 Under Consideration: The idea of publishing a note publicly is currently being reviewed, tested, and evaluated by Meister's product team. The team is considering many different factors to assess its viability and feasibility. If Meister decides to proceed with this idea, the feature will soon enter the development phase.

📅 Expected Timeline: Currently, there is no definitive information on whether this idea will be developed.

Stay tuned and subscribe to the thread for updates.

• Dan Deancook

Great!!, and publish as a book with note hierarchy, not just a single note

• Thomas Füglistaller
    Thomas Füglistaller DE Business Posts: 13 Beginner

I’d love the possibility to export a note document in a word document or a pdf.
    Btw I often use the feature to export a Mindmeister mindmap in a Word document.

• Jens Brinch Moeller
    Jens Brinch Moeller MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 30 Star Contributor

Interesting - looking forward to seeing the output 🤔

Best regards,

Jens Brinch

##################

Follow me on LinkedIn and at Kaje Engineering

• Sven Heckele
    Sven Heckele DE Business Posts: 4 Beginner

As a teacher, I desperately miss this feature. Would be very handy in lots of use cases.

• Cornelia Patscheider
    Cornelia Patscheider Admin, Moderator, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,018 Community Admin

Hi,

exciting news: the feature you've been waiting for is now in development! 🚀

🟢 In Development: This feature is not just on our roadmap, but it is already under active development! Our dedicated Meister developers are hard at work, turning this idea into a reality.

We are still working on the details, but here is a first glance on the probable details:

• The new feature will allow pages to be shared via link with people who do not have Meister account.
    • In other words, Public Notes are published pages that can be viewed via links without having Meister account.
    • You can publish and unpublish the page any time.
    • Published pages will be view only, and the users who are not logged in / are not members of the particular note cannot make any changes
    • Public notes are not visible to search engines and can be only found when the user has a link

📅 Expected Release Timeline: We are aiming to roll out this fantastic new feature this year.

If you have any questions, let me know.

Cornelia

• Sven Heckele
    Sven Heckele DE Business Posts: 4 Beginner

That's fantastic news! Thanks for sharing.

I love that you're developing with an unpublish feature. That makes it so versatile. Very excited for this to come out in just a few short months.