Why do I get the spinning loading icon when trying to create a template?

Options
Xealous
Xealous EN Basic Posts: 5 Beginner
edited March 26 in Ask the Community

Come across an issue where a template is not being created, and is perpetually in the "being created" mode; greyed out text and a spinning icon.

Refreshing has not helped, and sometimes will make the whole thing disappear.

When creating the template I followed these steps: Click the three dots on a page > selected create template > ticked yes include sub pages.

In the screenshot, please note also during a refresh the greyed out template in creation moved from the Template Section and up into the "live" notes section.

Any advice on how to proceed?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Xealous
    Xealous EN Basic Posts: 5 Beginner
    Answer ✓
    Options

Yeah, I tried creating a template first within the template section but it wasn't giving the option to have sub-pages.

I think the reason this might be happening is because I only have a basic free account, and can only have one template with no sub-pages inside it? So the spinning circle would be coming back with an error on the backend, and then not creating the template - making it disappear, but not showing the user that there is an error.

Answers

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business, EN Advocate Posts: 1,402 Community Leader
    Options

Hi @Xealous,

have you tried the workflow for creating templates, like described here?

I couldn't reproduce the problem on my side.

Could you please try to:

• delete the cache of your browser
    • try to repeat it in chroma browser (if not already done)
    • have a look for script blocking software and disable it for a test
    • type in a new title (no inserting of copied text from a third-party software like word)

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business, EN Advocate Posts: 1,402 Community Leader
    Options

Hi @Xealous,

with a free basic account, you are allowed to create up to three notes. Keep in mind, that MeisterNote has created one of three notes, that's called "first steps". So, there are only two notes left. You can of course delete the "first steps" note and then create a third one.

With a basic account, you can unfortunately create only one template. To create unlimited templates, you'll need a pro account. Despite this restriction, you have three notes in total, what I think is a fair deal for testing MeisterNote with its features 😉

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.