🧠 MeisterNote of the Month: Project Documentation

Options
MiĆĄa Hennin
MiĆĄa Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,397 Community Admin
edited March 26 in Tips and Templates

Hello, Meister community!

Got a great idea? You probably want to dive straight into execution...but stop! Take the time to properly prepare the documentation you'll need to oversee the project đŸ’Ș. While this takes time, it has been shown time and time again that project documentation is crucial to project success đŸ€©.

This post will address three crucial parts of project documentation, providing an accompanying template for each:

• Project Plan
  • Meeting Notes
  • Budget and Financial Reports

💡Recognise this template? You might have seen it in this tutorial video.💡

Project Plan

The project plan defines project execution and control, making it a critical piece of your documentation. To help you get it right, we recommend using a template such as the one below. In this template, you have a dedicated section for your:

• Executive Summary
  • Goals and Objectives
  • Stakeholders and Roles
  • Budget
  • Milestones and Deliverables
  • Timeline Overview
  • Communication Plan
  • Additional resources

Copy and paste our template to your own account and personalize it with project-specific details. Use embeds to build up a single document covering all the necessary information so your team won't have to switch between different platforms to get the full picture.

In sections like Milestones & Deliverables, checklists can add further clarity - Everyone will know where the project is up to at a glance. Remember, you can assign tasks to colleagues from within the note to start delegating responsibility and realizing your plan.

Meeting Notes

Keeping a record of meeting attendees, the agenda, key discussion points and action items ensures that no meeting is futile and that time and money are well spent. You can revisit these notes indefinitely, both during and post-project. Meeting notes reveal strengths, weaknesses and mistakes.

Budget and Financial Reports

Projects can become costly - How can you make sure you stay on top of everything?

1. Review your monthly financial output and regularly compare it to the budget forecast to avoid nasty surprises and make necessary changes in time.
  2. Keep this information safely stored in your documentation to improve transparency and alignment across your team.

The best way to fully appreciate the importance of project documentation and the value of keeping it in MeisterNote is by exploring the template yourself. Comment below and I'll give you access to the note đŸ€©. As always, please feel free to copy the pages to your own account.

Best,

MiĆĄa

Comments

• Kat Kellet
    Kat Kellet EN Basic Posts: 4 Beginner
    Options

this is a really useful template - thanks for sharing it @MiĆĄa Hennin. i can't believe how extensive the plan is!

• Andrew Lapidus
    Andrew Lapidus Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,007 Community Admin
    Options

Thanks for sharing, MiĆĄa :D Excited to see how the MN đŸ€ MT integration grows!

• Robert Rose
    Robert Rose EN Pro Posts: 1 Beginner
    Options

Helpful article. I'm new to Meister and would love to review the templates for Travel Easy.

• MiĆĄa Hennin
    MiĆĄa Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,397 Community Admin
    Options

Hi @Robert Rose,

Welcome! I'm pleased the post was helpful. I've added you to the Community Templates.

Please let me know if I can help with anything else.

Best,

MiĆĄa

• SWallace
    SWallace EN Pro Posts: 1 New Here
    Options

Hi there, this looks like a really useful template. How do I access it?

• MiĆĄa Hennin
    Options

Hey! You should be able to access it now here.

Best,

• Robert Hernandez
    Robert Hernandez EN Pro Posts: 2 Beginner
    Options

Can I have access to this template?

Thanks

Robert

• MiĆĄa Hennin
    Options

Absolutely @Robert Hernandez,

I've given you access to it here. Let me know if you have any feedback!

Best,

• Chris Cunliffe
    Chris Cunliffe MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 65 Star Contributor
    Options

Hi MiĆĄa,

Could you let me have access to this template please. It looks perfect for a project I have starting imminently.

Thanks, Chris

• MiĆĄa Hennin
    Options

Hey Chris!

You already have access :). It's in the Community Templates MeisterNote. Here is the link.

Let me know if you have an issue accessing it.

And good luck with the project! Would be great to hear more:).

Best,

• Chris Cunliffe
    Options

Hi Misa,

Followed the Link and there seem to be two places to access the template. One in the main body which returns a ..

or from the left panel where I can only Favourite the task. Do I need to do something else to copy the template?

Thanks, Chris

• MiĆĄa Hennin
    Options

Sorry - Try now!

• Chris Cunliffe
    Options

Perfect - Thank you

• Robert Hernandez
    Robert Hernandez EN Pro Posts: 2 Beginner
    Options

I am also not able to copy the template. I can see it but I cannot copy it.

Robert

• MiĆĄa Hennin
    Options

@Robert Hernandez Sorry - Try now!

• JoĂŁo D.N
    JoĂŁo D.N EN Free Trial Posts: 1 Beginner
    Options

acess?

• MiĆĄa Hennin
    Options

I've just given it to you! You should have received an email :)

• Cornelia_is_OutOfOffice Patscheider
    Cornelia_is_OutOfOffice Patscheider Admin, Moderator, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 657 Community Admin
    Options

Hi everyone 👋,

We’ve noticed that a lot of users like to use templates. To help clear up any questions and ensure you’re getting the most out of this functionality, we’re hosting a special edition of our Meister Expert Tips - Live Office Hours, focusing specifically on new templates.

What You’ll Gain by Joining:

• Valuable Insights: Learn directly from our productivity experts @Marlene Lechner and @Thomas Mayerhofer how to efficiently use templates to streamline your work across notes, projects and tasks.
    • Receive Live Support: Our experienced Meister professionals are here to answer your questions and help you get the most out of MeisterTask.
    • Exchange ideas with other Meister customers: Share your experiences and learn from other companies in various industries who also use Meister tools.

Event Details:

• Date & Time: Wednesday, February 28th 2024 - 3:00 PM (CET) (Duration: 45 mins)
    • Sign-Up: Use the link below to sign up:

(Also available in German here.)

This Live Office Hours session is your opportunity to engage directly with our team and your peers, but if you are busy at that time, then sign up to get the recording and watch it later 🚀.

• Dayane Veiga
    Dayane Veiga EN Basic Posts: 1 New Here
    Options

Sensacional!

• t2xu
    t2xu DE Business Posts: 4 Beginner
    Options

Hi MiĆĄa,
    could you let me have access to this template please.

THX
    Thomas

• MiĆĄa Hennin
    Options

Hey Thomas, I just gave you access. Please find it here.

Best,

MiĆĄa

• t2xu
    t2xu DE Business Posts: 4 Beginner
    Options

ThankÂŽs