[RESOLVED] Mind map issues : Refuse to connect

Options
Malek Madani
Malek Madani EN Basic Posts: 14 Beginner
edited July 2023 in Ask the Community

Why is it that after so many years of working properly, mind maps are no longer accessible (error message: www.mindmeister.com refused to connect)

Best Answer

Answers

• Andrew Lapidus
    Andrew Lapidus Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,009 Community Admin
    Options

Hi @Dr M. Madani - Is this by chance from an embedded mind map from several years ago? It seems something might have changed here. If yes, could you send me the URL of the published map? I'll take a closer look at what might have happened.

Best,

Andrew

• Malek Madani
    edited July 2023
    Options

Hi Andrew
    The mind map was updated a few months ago (in May), and carried on working as an embedded object the same way it did in the past, until this last week when the "www.mindmeister.com refused to connect" message started appearing.
    Here is the map's URL:

• Malek Madani
    Options
  • Malek Madani
    Options

There is also the issue that the view of the mind map as an owner is completely different to the view as a viewer, suggesting that something has gone wrong in the MindMeister software.
    As an owner, all branches are retracted (see first attachment).
    As a viewer (i.e. by logging out of MindMeister), all the branches are exploded, and many sub-branches are shown overlapping and obscuring each other. (see 2nd attachment). This behaviour was never seen before.

• Rubesh K R
    Rubesh K R EN Basic Posts: 3 New Here
    Options

im too having same issue

• Rubesh K R
    Options
  • Marcelo Alesso
    Marcelo Alesso EN Basic Posts: 3 Beginner
    Options

I'm also having the same issues. Maps are coming with all the branches expanded and it's not readable at all.

• Andrew Lapidus
    Andrew Lapidus Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,009 Community Admin
    Options

Hi @Malek Madani and @Rubesh K R — I suspect this issue is related to the migration to the new editor. You may need to retrieve a new embed code from the map editor as shown here.

If you replace the old embed code with this new one, does this solve the issue with the embedded maps?

Best,

Andrew

• Malek Madani
    Options

Hi @Andrew Lapidus
    Using a new embed code did not work.
    Unpublishing the mind map, then republishing it, and using a new embed code did not work either.
    And as I stated above, the mind map in View mode looks completely different to the way it looks when I am logged on to MindMeister.
    I sent some screenshots above.
    In view-only mode, all the branches are exploded, and overlapping each other, which suggests a serious issue within the software.

• Malek Madani
    Options

Hi @Andrew Lapidus
    Any updates please regarding the two issues:
    1) Embeded maps can no longer be displayed ("refuse to connect" error)
    2) Maps are displayed with all branches exploded and overlapping, although in configuration mode, all branches are minimised.

I see that a lot of users have reported similar issues this June and July.

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,418 Community Admin
    Options

Hey @Malek Madani,

No updates so far I'm afraid to say. Our devs are investigating the issue and I'll update this thread as soon as we have more info.

Best,

• Malek Madani
    Options

Thank you Misa

• Rubesh K R
    edited July 2023
    Options

Hey, @Miša Hennin

Any updates?

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,418 Community Admin
    Options

@Rubesh K R I've sent you a DM for some more info.

Best,

• Malek Madani
    Options

@Andrew Lapidus , @misa hennin, any resolution on these two bugs please?
    At least an estimated date for the fixes to be deployed.