Balance Map

Options

When I select a map for auto layout, it makes the map unbalanced. It fills the right side before it starts on the left side. So I can have a map with 8 items on the right side and 1 item on the left side. To balance it, I have to manually move items from one side to the other.

Another map product has a button called Balance Map. If I don't like the way it is handling the auto layout, I can click the balance map and it will balance the number of items on each side of the map. This is much more convenient than manually balancing a map. And as I add items, if the map becomes unbalanced I can hit the button again to re-balance it.

I think this would be a great addition to MindMeister.

Gerald

7 votes

Open for voting · Last Updated

Comments

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,377 Community Admin
    Options

Hi Gerald, I love this idea - You've got my vote!

• Janne Tauriainen
    Janne Tauriainen EN Basic Posts: 1 Beginner
    Options

I miss this feature too. Usually, mind maps grow radially from the center but in Mindmeister it grows unbalanced on the right. Maybe there is a reason for this. 🤔

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business, EN Advocate Posts: 1,386 Community Leader
    Options

Awesome, Gerald 👏👏

I'm in too.

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

• Pedro Oliveira
    Pedro Oliveira EN Basic Posts: 2 Beginner
    Options

I'm pretty sure I have seen this feature in MindMeister before. But if I am wrong, I definitely support this idea and upvote. This should be in the requirements.

• Chris Cunliffe
    Chris Cunliffe MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 65 Star Contributor
    Options

Hi Gerald,
    I'm in as well. Pretty sure this used to be how the mind maps worked before the new version came out.
    It's pretty easy to move the branches around but agree it would be good for it to balance organically.

Chris