Spell check in MindMeister

Miša Hennin
Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,610 Community Admin

A feature request mentioned by @Finding True Wealth and many other users!

A spell check feature in MindMeister mind maps 😊.

17 votes

Open for voting · Last Updated

Comments

• gavin.baxendale@ogier.com
    gavin.baxendale@ogier.com EN Basic Posts: 1 New Here

I need this so bad, can't believe its not a feature. Spent hours looking for it as a standard setting.

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 1,469 Community Leader

Hi @gavin.baxendale@ogier.com and welcome to the community 👋🙂

When you're using the Meister Software via browser, you can easily add related spell checker to your browser as an add-on.

When you're using the apps on your mobile device, the spell check of the device itself should do the job.

And, when you're using Meister's software Apps on a PC, you can also enable spell check on the related device itself 😉

I nevertheless support your request, because I think it should be possible to implement an interface to the respective available spell checker 👍️

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

• Luc Vander Putten
    Luc Vander Putten EN Basic Posts: 3 Beginner

@Joerg Koper New to Mind Meister and already stumlbling on a basic missing feature. I tried using my browser spell check (Ms Editor in Edge) but cant get it to work in MindMeister. It does work in LinkedIn for instance. Is there anyting I need to do to make it work? Txs. Luc.

• Tatsuhito Koya
    Tatsuhito Koya EN Pro Posts: 15 Active Contributor

Hi, Luc, Jörg,

I use tools like Grammarly, Wordeep, and Quillbot. It would also be nice to see Mind Meister/Task/Notes support them.

• Joerg Koper
    edited October 2023

Hi @Luc Vander Putten and @Tatsuhito Koya,

have you tried to ask the support of Grammarly etc. for some information? Normally, the tools should work on every service, that is running via browser 🤔

As @Miša Hennin mentioned in this request, it would be great to see a spell check directly implemented by Meister. But I'll ask the Meister-Team if there is some information.

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

• Luc Vander Putten

Hi @Joerg Koper Have you tried on your side getting Microsoft Edge spellchecker working on a PC? You will see it does not work. Maybe it is due to how MindMeister web pages are designed that it does not work. I tried on several others like LinkedIn, Facebook and other well-known cloud apps and all work with edge standard "Editor" spellchecker. Please do the test and you will see.

• Joerg Koper

Hi Luc,

I am not using Microsoft Edge, but I do, of course, believe you. I am using DeepL and LanguageTool as a plugin in Brave, Google Chrome and Firefox, and it works like a charm. As you can see, Miša from the Meister-Team has requested this feature for all of us and I am sure, that this will be discussed by the developer team as well 😉

Best, Jörg

• Luc Vander Putten

Hi @Joerg Koper. Thanks for the hint. I installed LanguageTool edge addon and it does work! However, it should also work with edge native spellchecker (called editor). Here is what microsoft says about it not working with MindMeister:

+++++++++++++

It’s possible that the spell check feature is not working on certain websites due to compatibility issues. Some websites may have their own spell check feature that conflicts with the one in Edge, while others may not support spell check at all 1.

If you’re experiencing the issue on a specific website like MindMeister, it’s best to reach out to their support team for assistance. They may be able to provide more information on why the spell check feature isn’t working and how to resolve it 1.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

+++++++++++++

It would be good if MindMeister could check on this.

• Joerg Koper

Hi Luc,

I understand the explanation. We have to keep in mind that there are numerous individual extensions and tools on the market, which can't all be considered by software developers. Maybe it's a good way to write a feature request for the integration of your desired edge add-on. This way the Dev-Team can see, how many other users would need that too.

I'm nevertheless happy for you, that the LanguageTool add-on already works fine in your browser 🙂

Best, Jörg

• Sarah Rose Larson
    Sarah Rose Larson EN Basic Posts: 3 Beginner

I would love to see a spell-check feature.

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,610 Community Admin

Hey @Sarah Rose Larson ,

I hope you don't mind, but I merged your feature request with this one!

Best,

Miša

• Aaron Neuhaus
    Aaron Neuhaus EN Basic Posts: 10 Beginner

Yes, spell check would be great; my browser spell-check does not apply to my maps.

• Sarah Rose Larson
    Sarah Rose Larson EN Basic Posts: 3 Beginner

Or even if Grammarly could be let in to check.

• Jens Brinch Moeller
    Jens Brinch Moeller MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 30 Star Contributor

Got my vote 🙂

I have noticed that there seems to be an open source solution for webbased applications, that will integrate spelling check in multiple languages in the application independent of the end-user browser, so… 🧐

Best regards,

Jens Brinch

##################

Follow me on LinkedIn and at Kaje Engineering

• Aaron Bjorklund
    Aaron Bjorklund EN Basic Posts: 1 New Here

Yes! I vote for this. Something with how the mind maps render seems to block even browser plugins from seeing and evaluating the spelling of text. This is a huge problem for me since I can't spell at all. I see some of you found a way to make it work on a Windows machine, but I haven't found a solution on a Mac.

• Roger Barlow
    Roger Barlow EN Basic Posts: 1 New Here

Big vote from me - spell checking in Web Browers is a major security hole for most business'.