🥇 Badge of the Month: World Photography Day/ August

Options
Miša Hennin
Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,397 Community Admin
edited September 2023 in Community Café

Good afternoon, badge collectors!

Welcome to August's Badge of the Month. As part of our Rewards Program, Badge of the Month gives you an easy way to connect with others, earn a new badge and get 10 points. Your answers don't have to be Meister-related; we'd just like to hear from you 😃.

Want to know the rules? Check out this post.

Already know the rules? Read on to find out what this month is all about!

Badge of the Month: August 2023

The 19th of August is World Photography Day, so I'd love to see the world through your eyes. For this month's badge, please share a photograph that means something special to you. It could be anything - A photo of people you love, a place you adore or a memory you cherish. If there's a story attached, don't hesitate to share that too! Let's all get to know each other a bit better ☺️.

Can't wait to see!

Miša

Tagged:

Comments

• Andrew Lapidus
    Andrew Lapidus Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,007 Community Admin
    Options

Love this!

I'm definitely a bit challenged when it comes to visual arts, but I wanted to share this photo I took last summer at Cannon Beach, Oregon:

It's one of my absolute favorite places in the world… No filter needed!

Best,

Andrew

• Rooster McNugget
    Rooster McNugget MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 605 Community Leader
    Options

Love this Badge! And it‘s not as easy as it seems at the first look for me. Wasn‘t easy to make a decission.

For me this beach in Lanikai, Ohahu, (was there this summer a few times) is one of the most wonderful places I‘ve ever been and I have so good memories with my kids and my wife connected to this beach! We had a great time and a lot of fun!

Best, Rooster

The impossible does not exist! The solution has just not been found yet!

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business, EN Advocate Posts: 1,389 Community Leader
    edited August 2023
    Options

What a nice Badge Miša 🙂

This picture was taken in Scotland, the second felt home of my wife and me. We love Scotland's culture, the people, the nature, tea time in Inverlochy Castle, fresh seafood at Crannog Restaurant, tasty vegan food at Foodstory Café and…no, Haggis is not our favourite thing 😅

This picture was taken on a lovely place called Loch Katrine, where we had some wonderful hikes.

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business, EN Advocate Posts: 1,389 Community Leader
    Options

Wow, what a wonderful place, Andrew 😍

Reminds me of one of my favourite movies, "The Goonies" 😊

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

• Joerg Koper
    Options

Aloha Samuel 👋😉

This picture is just awesome. Can imagine, that you and your family love to be there. Seeing this scenery makes me want to jump right into the water 😅

Best, Jörg

• Channing Kelly
    Channing Kelly EN Business Posts: 59 Star Contributor
    Options

This photo is from Lake Powell in Arizona/Utah. Every summer my parents would take us to the lake for a week and this is from the first time I took my children. Lake Powell and its relationship to the water situation in the American West is a huge issue that complicates my feelings about it, but at the same time I just marvel at the majestic beauty of this place. It's one of the few places I go anymore where cell towers don't reach and your days ebb and flow based on the sun and the moon. It's a place I'm forced to slow down and pay attention.

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,397 Community Admin
    Options

I LOVE these responses so far!

Also, it's interesting to see that they all feature a different body of water - I read something somewhere about how we are drawn to water and feel better beside it. I tried to find the article again but couldn't. I found this though: https://www.discovermagazine.com/mind/why-are-humans-so-drawn-to-water and it makes an interesting read!

@Andrew Lapidus - Wowee! Is that fog rolling in over the water? And do people live in those houses close to the beach or it's a hotel/restaurant?

@Rooster McNugget - I have nothing to say except PARADISE!

@Joerg Koper - I love these stone walls separating land across the UK. It's so lovely driving through the hills and seeing these carefully stacked partitions. And I can smell the fresh crisp air just by looking at your picture 😊.

@Channing Kelly - Wow what a dramatic photo! I can really imagine the peace you might feel at a place like that (as well as the awe). Majestic is truly the word for it.

I will add my photo soon! Still deciding 😀.

• Cornelia_is_OutOfOffice Patscheider
    Cornelia_is_OutOfOffice Patscheider Admin, Moderator, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 657 Community Admin
    edited August 2023
    Options

Wow, I didn't even realize all the pictures are related to water until @Miša Hennin pointed it out! Pretty interesting!

I also have one with water, but I am going to share it nonetheless. I am going to share a picture of my hometown where I grew up. There are two rivers, and I saw them basically every day. A constant reminder why water is so important (and that Austrians take it very much for granted).

And in contrast, I really like to watch the "Africa's week in picture" section on the BBC. It always gives me a nice perspective, seeing images that I am not daily surrounded with, and reminding myself how divers our reality is.

Now, I am really curious to see what Miša will decide on sharing 🤓

• Miša Hennin
    Options

Hey!

Thanks for sharing @Cornelia Patscheider - Imagine living in the house on the right!

I spent quite a while scrolling through my pictures, trying to choose one that wasn't a lake, river or the sea.

I finally settled on this one from when I went to Romania in June. We drove up the Transfăgărășan, but the tunnel through the mountain at the top was closed due to bad weather. We left the car and walked through a completely dark tunnel for 10 minutes or so. I was definitely scared, but when we got through to the other side, I was so glad we went! It was like another world. Icy, foggy, isolated and completely dramatic.

Thank you all for participating!

• Joerg Koper
    Options

This one is stunning, Miša 😍

Tighten the laces of my boots in mind and just want to go up there 🙃

This discussion has been closed.